Filter Operator at Guinness
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Guinness
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
GGBPLC operates from two sites in five drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD, Non-alcoholic Malt and Mainstream spirits, as well as the distribution of Spirits.Growth in the Ghana economy is expected to continue at mid to high single digit in a driven environment.Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products.GGBPLC is undertaking significant change process, principally in the areas of accountability, quality maintenance practices, supply planning, cost reduction and efficiency. In line with its objectives GGBPLC will develop its people and build an environment that attracts and retains the best people. As the Supply function we will produce quality products in a safe environment at driven costs, on time and in full with no errors.The Brewing Technical operator is an individual with brewing operational expertise on beer brewing and fermentation profile and Beer Membrane Filtration (BMF) plant. He is responsible for ensuring the critical metrics related to wort production, Lager Yeast Management, Fermentation, BMF plant and Beer Quality are being adhered to as defined by CODEX and DWB Standards, in addition to Safety, Flavour, waste and Excellence in Supply Chain (EISC) requirements.Principal Accountabilities
- Contribute to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Be transparent as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behaviour of others, reprimanding where appropriate. Enforce strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Shall be committed to producing safe and quality products by following all instructions related to Food Safety and Quality Management Systems.
- Own the brewing process plant to deliver the required volume and quality per shift, while reducing waste (cost).
- Complete the relevant short interval controls for Brewing operations.
- With support from Shift Brewing Managers, achieve production plan and key performance target and deliver agreed customer service levels.
- Actively pursue training and development on individual and team and participate in proficiency based training programs. Support other team members development and develop positive relationship with colleagues including contractors.
- Share and apply new skills as acquired, participate in developmental cleaning and PIP’s to meet/exceed improvement target. Consider general opportunities to improve work areas.
- Compile and comments whatever reports are required either original report or those generated automatically. These include plant checklists and shift reports and handover reports.
- Take part in teambuilding and engagement activities at the departmental and site levels in order to deliver strong engagement index and improve ways of working.
Qualifications And Experience Required
- Holder of post –secondary qualification in a science related course with proven experience: IBD General Certificate of Brewing, HND/BSc. in Chemical Engineering, Science Laboratory Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Food Science and Technology is ideal
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of permit to work system and GGBPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate understanding of collaboration principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
- Response to change in positive outlook across a range of situations or challenges.
- Positive demeanour to own development and looks for opportunities to help others learn and develop.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Lack of personal flexibility to function in tightly overseen manufacturing environment with volatile production and sales demand.
- Poor inclination to pursue training and development on an individual and team basis or to share and apply new skills applied.
- Inability to connect and build positive relationship.
- Lack of understanding of the commercial and Demand agenda with the business.
- Skills level inadequate to successfully operate and maintain both new and ageing assets and technology.
- Inability to demonstrate key leadership skills.
- The use of inappropriate language.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th September, 2023