Field Program Accountant at International Republican Institute (IRI)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: International Republican Institute (IRI)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence– We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom– We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency– We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The International Republican Institute (IRI) an international non-governmental organization (NGO) registered in Ghana is seeking resumes/CVs for a Field Accountant to support the financial and administrative operations of the Institute’s Ghana programs.
S/he will work closely with the Institute’s Program Accountant based in Washington, D.C. on IRI accounting and compliance matters as required. S/he will oversee IRI’s Ghana-based financial and procurement systems and processes, and support program logistics and office administration as needed.
This position is based in Accra but may include periodic travel to other regions of Ghana.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fulfill IRI and funder reporting requirements in an accurate and timely manner;
- Manage field office payments, vendor and partner inquiries and invoice processing;
- Compile monthly rolling budgets for the field office, and monitor daily expenditures, reconciliations and bank transactions;
- Review and record field office expenses in JAMIS and ensure that advances are reconciled;
- Prepares and processes payroll for local employees;
- Prepare all statutory returns (e.g. VAT, NSSF, NHIF, PAYE) as required by the respective government authorities;
- Serve as primary point of contact for annual audits;
- Prepare the necessary related financial reporting to government agencies, including the Authority for Civil Society Organizations;
- Ensure that field office property is kept securely and the office inventory us updated regularly;
- Handle field office procurement processes in compliance with IRI and funder requirements;
- Keep up to date on any changes to Government of Ghana statutes, policies or guidance as relates to financial reporting;
- Maintains an understanding of funder and IRI policies and procedures related to grant compliance and oversight.
- Support the Resident Program Director with Human Resource management and IRI compliance with local laws and requirements associated with IRI’s registration status.
- Ensure that field office staff have a strong understanding IRI accounting policies and procedures and provide training as needed;
- Travel from time to time to support field office accounting and procurement needs; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Resident Program Director in support of IRI’s work in Ghana and abroad.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- A university graduate with a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or a related subject and a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana.
- A minimum 3-4 years’ relevant professional experience in an accounting environment, preferably with an international non-profit organization or USAID donor-funded project;
- Knowledge of and experience with the US government under rules and regulations.
- Fluent in written and spoken English (other local language fluency a plus);
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and bookkeeping;
- Experience with JAMIS Prime accounting system;
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and basic accounting software packages; and
- Must be able to travel to new environments for extended periods, and work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong time management and organizational and communication skills, including resourcefulness and the ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously and efficiently.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines;
- Ability to work independently or with a team.
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
3-4 years: •Knowledge of and experience with the US government under rules and regulations. •Fluent in written and spoken English (other local language fluency a plus); •Knowledge of general accounting principles and bookkeeping; •Experience with JAMIS Prime accounting system; •Demonstrated computer proficiency and knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and basic accounting software packages;
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th December, 2023