Field Officer – Sanitation & Hygiene at World Vision
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana - World Vision Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. For over two decades, World Vision has been working with urban and rural communities in all Regions of Ghana to improve provision of water, promote sanitation and hygiene practices and quality education. World Vision is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Specialist.
To provide technical support and advice to Area Programs, Clusters Programs and the National office, on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) program strategy, design, monitoring and evaluation and government and donor coordination; in order to achieve the overall WVG National strategy and to ensure sustainable transformational development as per approved policies, systems, procedures and donor requirements.
- Contribute to proposal writing and grant acquisition effort in the National Office
- Develop and/or review the National Office WASH Strategy and Operating Plans for delivering on the child well-being aspirations.
- Lead capacity development of AP staff in all areas related to the WASH sector including technical aspects, hygiene promotion and project management.
- Develop or adapt and disseminate appropriate community mobilization/animation methodologies that ensures children, women and persons with disabilities participate in WASH activities.
- Promote advocacy around larger water sector issues in the country and in AREA PROGRAMS communities
- Prepare and consolidate monthly, quarterly and annual National Office-level WASH sector reports.
- Provide guidance to Area Programs in preparation of project work plans and budgets, and participate in negotiating contracts for procurement of WASH materials and services.
- Promote cross- learning, training, best practices and sharing of experience in the National Office.
- Ensure quality control through monitoring and evaluating of programs and also by giving technical advice, ensuring that objectives are reached and that indicators are measured throughout the program life cycle.
- Network with government and UN agencies; research and academic institutions and other NGOs and represent WV at key sector meetings, forums and events
- Degree in social/behavioral sciences, public health or other development areas..
- Five years working experience in the WASH sector and good understanding of industry standards and trends.
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing
- Strong management training and capacity building skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and other stakeholders
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- The preferred candidate must be a committed Christian.
JOB LOCATION: ASUTIFI NORTH & SAVELUGU
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th December, 2023