Factory IT Officer at GBfoods Africa
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: GBfoods Africa
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
At GBfoods we offer culinary solutions in several countries of Europe and Africa with prestigious leading local brands, including Jumbo, Gallina Blanca, Erasco, Gino, Liebig, Star, Bama, D&L, Grand’Italia and Blå Band, among others.
Our Purpose “Celebrating local flavours” is to empower and take care of each of the local communities we belong to and to bring out their authentic flavours. Some of our local brands have been in consumers’ kitchens for over a century and have positioned themselves as authentically loved brands, as well as deeply rooted parts of the local culture.
Today, with a turnover of around 1,2 billion euros and a team of around 3,000 people, we are the preferred choice of millions of consumers.
Role & Responsibilities:
We are in search of a Factory IT Officer who will ensure the stability of infrastructure in the organisation’s factory and warehouse and to minimize users’ need for I.T. Support’s intervention in Ghana.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Ensure proper maintenance of assets and update of asset lists in manage engine and ensure proper patch management with weekly status reports for his location.
- Ensure 99% availability of network infrastructure for SAP by monitoring and troubleshooting networks and systems to identify and correct malfunctions of cables and devices and other operational difficulties.
- Ensure 98% of support calls are closed on same day except for any approval pending from Africa IT manager.
- Ensure 99% availability of network infrastructure for the production machineries by proactively monitoring the infrastructure and resolving operational difficulties in a timely manner with no major impact to the production process.
- Ensure OS installation in Laptops and Desktops and be able to handle windows 10 and windows 11 computers.
- Monitoring of backup of servers.
- Physical Checking of Datacenters for Amber lights and cleanliness
- Update and close the calls based on the helpdesk system tools and ensure the calls are logged in helpdesk system.
- Asset Management and monitoring of the software’s installed in the assets and life cycle management
- Escalate to vendors / partners and OEM’s on the issues on time and get this resolved with proper solutions. The solution should be discussed and approved by Africa IT Manager before implementing.
- Configure and implement all mobile devices used by sales and tablets used by sales teams should be via manage engine MDM / Intune
What can you expect from us?
Being part of a multinational company where you will be able to contribute to growth and development of a business while being developed and equipped for success.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed, has the requisite professional experience to deliver on the role and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of progressive work experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in information technology.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in a diverse community.
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to develop requests for and evaluate proposals in reference to leading-edge information services technology.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Must be a strong team player, highly motivated and able to work under pressure during peak periods.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Motivated to produce outstanding results against all odds
- Aligned to GBfoods Purpose and Values
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th July. 2022