Fabricator – Underground at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Fabricator – Underground.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Fabricator – Underground reports to the Mechanical Supervisor – Winders and is accountable for welding and fabrication activities that contribute boiler making activities to refurbishment, maintenance and repair of mine infrastructure and Winding plant in a safe and compliant manner.
The work is to be executed in accordance with detailed tasking with applicable Government of Ghana and AGAG safety and environmental requirements.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of L2182 and Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for his/her own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work.
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Comply with AGAG Environmental Management, and other legal requirements.
- Take action to prevent environmental pollution
- Comply and follow the operating procedures and environmental rules for the performance of the assigned job.
- Correct, or report to their supervisor, any observed environmental deviations, practices and conditions as well as make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management.
- Follow the established procedures if incident occur by reporting to the Supervisor.
- Interface with Contractors as directed and/or Construction teams regarding mechanical work tasks for refurbishment works and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Attend training, development and performance improvement training as required
- Execute boiler making refurbishment and maintenance work items as tasked – compliant and in accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG
- Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools prior to leaving workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies including shortage of Oxy & Acetyl Gas and Welding Electrodes.
- Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work, create checklist and transport all tools necessary for task completion
- Recognize any machine, equipment or crane operation anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate.
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work for all process plant and equipment refurbishment and maintenance activities.
- Operate all equipment within the safe working envelope, take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Stop equipment operation if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used and immediately report to supervisor
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary / Technical education level
- Certificate of successful completion of respected fabrication, welding or boilermaking trade apprenticeship (example: City and Guilds)
- Over five (5) years’ experience of post-apprenticeship work in a fabrication trade.
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation.
- Wide fabrication experience
- Fully literate and numerate
- Fully competent in mechanical trade
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23rd March. 2022