External Affairs Director – HIV and Mental Health at Johnson & Johnson
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Johnson & Johnson
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for an External Affairs Director, HIV and Mental Health which can be located in any of the following locations:
- South Africa
Pioneering a new business model, Johnson & Johnson Global Public Health (GPH) is the first fully-dedicated organization within a healthcare company that combines R&D, access programs, in-country operations, and consumer insight capabilities to ensure that innovative treatments and technologies of public health importance are available, affordable and accessible to the world’s most underserved populations. With 150+ dedicated staff, GPH is active in Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, mental health, Ebola, COVID19, AMR, and several other areas of public health concern. The organization works across many regions and countries leveraging J&J’s global footprint and collaborating across sectors in public-private partnerships towards the vision of “Innovation for all, everywhere at the same time”.
The Director External Affairs, HIV and Mental Health, in close coordination with GPH colleagues within Worldwide Government Affairs & Policy (WWGA&P), the HIV and Mental Health Franchises, Market Access, Global Strategic Partnerships, Communications, and other relevant functions, guides and coordinates strategic engagement with external global collaborators and leads policy and advocacy work to support HIV and Mental Health access goals. This position reports to the Senior Director External Affairs and will have a “dotted” reporting line to the Sr. Government Affairs & Policy lead for Global Public Health (WWGA&P).
Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead the development and execution of external engagement strategies with global partners in support of access and policy goals for HIV and mental health. Collaborators may include multilateral organizations, donor governments, foundations, implementing organizations, think tanks, advocacy groups, public-private partnerships, etc.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to secure multi- and bilateral funding for procurement of J&J innovations to enhance access in lower income countries, with input from and in close collaboration with relevant functions.
- Build strong relationships and serve as first point of contact for prioritized external partners in assigned disease/product areas.
- Monitor external policy environment in assigned areas and provide updates and recommendations to the relevant disease/product teams and the External Affairs Task Force.
- Develop and coordinate internal alignment on J&J/GPH positions on key topics relevant to assigned areas.
- Provide J&J input into external policy and strategy processes such as partner consultations, trade association documents, external policy briefs, UN resolutions, etc. as relevant to the GPH policy agenda for HIV and mental health.
- Provide (HIV and mental health) input for GPH events and leadership engagements in major external events such as the World Health Assembly to advance the GPH external affairs agenda.
- Lead (internal) External Affairs Working Groups in assigned areas – where relevant – to coordinate external engagement.
- Provide external affairs thought leadership in assigned topic areas.
- Enhance J&J’s reputation as a trusted private sector partner in global public health.
- Required education is a BA; preferred education is a Master’s degree in public policy, global health policy, or related field
- A minimum of 8 years work experience in global health policy, advocacy, government affairs, global health program management, or related field is required.
- Experience within HIV is required
- Understanding of global health policy and international architecture
- Track record of working effectively with diverse global health partners
- Excellent networking and diplomatic skills required. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity required.
- Proven ability to research and draft clear, logical, compelling and concise documents and positions in English and articulate them effectively to influence key stakeholders and senior leaders as required.
- Healthcare industry experience within South Africa or Sub Saharan Africa is required
- Excellent verbal, representational and written communication skills required.
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams is required. Project management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success at developing collaborative and effective relationships in complex, highly matrixed organization required.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we, in Johnson and Johnson, are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th May. 2022