Expediting Officer at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as a Expediting Officer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Role holder will ensure that the expediting function is carried out to support and achieve the operational and strategic objectives of the Obuasi Redevelopment Project – Phase 3.
- Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
- Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
- Act on all corrective actions assigned to you or under your jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
- Comply with AGAG Environmental Management, compliance and other legal requirements.
- Take action to prevent environmental pollution.
- Correct, or report to their supervisor, any observed environmental deviations, practices and conditions as well make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management.
- Follow the established procedures if incident occur by reporting to the Supervisor.
- Ensure all orders are expedited pro-actively prior to due delivery dates. Liaising with vendors to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Liaise with end-users and project team to monitor and expedite priority orders based on criticality approved purchase orders in SAP in response to the winning bids.
- Liaise with Scheduler to maintain and update the schedule with due delivery dates and highlight changes in delivery dates.
- Ensure deliveries are made in accordance with contract specifications.
- Maintain record of written correspondence with suppliers.
- Liaise with Ports and Harbour Unit (PHU) on daily shipment tracking reports.
- Ensure that export/import documentation is correct to avoid clearance delays and generate shipping tracking documents.
- Update critical expediting register with shipment information and tracking.
- Hold weekly meetings with Suppliers and freight forwarders to track deliveries, load planning and shipment schedules.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of HND /Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement & Supply, Economics, Commerce or Supply Chain management will be an advantage.
- At least Three (3) years’ experience working in a supply chain environment.
- Familiarity with SAP ERP system or equivalent ERP application
- Sound knowledge and ability to work with Microsoft suite
- Proficient understanding of materials and services procurement
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development
- Building effective working relationships
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty
- Maximizing performance results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results.
- Displaying technical and professional expertise
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th April, 2023