Executive Director, Special Programs (Public Health & Workforce Development) at Mastercard Foundation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We are currently in an exciting period at the Mastercard Foundation as we intensify the implementation of the Young Africa Works strategy, aiming to empower 30 million young people throughout Africa to access dignified and fulfilling employment.
To ensure the Foundation’s accessibility to our partners and program participants, we have established offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda. These offices provide strong in-country support for the implementation of Young Africa Works. We collaborate with governments, the private sector, educators, and other funders to enhance the quality of education and vocational training, equip young individuals with the necessary skills for the workforce, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and facilitate connections between job seekers and meaningful employment opportunities.
Our values serve as our guiding principles, transcending and surpassing all other considerations. We wholeheartedly encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work.
If you are an experienced senior program director professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, the Executive Director, Special Programs will be responsible for driving systematic change across the continent by providing strategic direction, technical leadership, and executive oversight for the Foundations Health workforce development initiatives aimed at assuring the long-term health security of the continent and other special programs that act as enablers of and contributors to the Foundation’s Young Africa Works strategy.
The successful candidate will be based in any of our offices in Africa (Ethiopia, Nigeria, Senegal, Ghana, Rwanda, Kenya, or Uganda).
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Strategic leadership of the Foundation’s programming in health workforce development and of special programs that contribute to the achievement of Young Africa Works.
- Lead the conceptualization and program design for the development of Health Ecosystems that support viable economic activities and the creation of employment opportunities in the health sector.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction for Community health workforce development programs across the continent.
- Convenings and collaboration with institutions and partner organizations and support entrepreneurship in the Health Sector.
- Provide leadership and direction for the Saving Lives and Livelihoods program aimed at assuring the long-term health security of the continent by developing the workforce for vaccine manufacturing in Africa and strengthening the Africa CDC.
- Provide strategic leadership to aid identification of special programs, opportunity identification, and to drive cross-organizational programmatic agenda.
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategic guidance for the health sector as a thematic area, ensuring continuous relevance and technical excellence.
- Direct the design and delivery of roadmaps for programs within the health sector and other related thematic areas.
- Develop enterprise-wide roadmaps for thematic areas, collaborating closely with the Executive Committee (EXCO) and key stakeholders.
- Advocate for and drive the strategic vision for relevant thematic areas, ensuring alignment with organizational strategy.
- Build and maintain relationships with youth, civic, governmental, and business leaders and African institutions seeking counsel and support for programming efforts.
- Lead collaboration and integration efforts across programs and thematic areas, fostering a culture of teamwork and knowledge-sharing.
- Facilitate the integration and convening of relevant stakeholders to drive impact at scale.
- Develop budgets and allocate resources for program areas, ensuring responsible financial management.
- Oversee budget accountability for relevant program areas, ensuring robust expenditure management and accountability.
- Strategically plan and implement talent management strategies, building committed and talented regional and country leadership teams.
- Partner with the People & Culture team for staffing, culture enhancement, and change management initiatives.
- Act as a thought partner to the Executive Committee and Senior Leadership Teams, providing innovative solutions to program and leadership challenges.
- Safeguard program alignment with the Foundation values and mission.
- Establish necessary risk, legal, and financial processes to ensure the successful delivery of work and the safety of employees and Foundation resources.
- Ensure compliance with laws and the Foundation policies, providing a safe and productive work environment.
WHO YOU ARE
- Advanced degree in Global development, Health, Public Policy, or other related field with substantial experience in Executive / strategic leadership.
- Fifteen (15+) years of significant senior level experience driving strategy and program success with organizations across multiple countries in Africa.
- Ten (10+) years leadership and management experience of which at least seven years were gained in a multi-country environment in Africa, with a preference for private sector experience.
- Experience in education, development and/or public policy within nonprofit organizations, international NGO’s and/or learning institutions is also helpful.
- Experience in at least one of the thematic areas (Health, Digital, Access to Finance, Education, Gender).
- Experience leading major transformative programmatic change involving multiple stakeholders and rapid growth.
- A track record of success in generating new business and developing an organization.
- Proven experience effectively engaging with senior government officials, key partners, media, business leaders and other influential individuals.
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex programmatic agendas, preferably in the health sector or related areas.
- Exceptional strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Previous experience in team management and talent development.
- Financial acumen for budget management and resource allocation.
- Adeptness in navigating the complexities of stakeholder engagement and collaboration.
- Expertise working with development, political and social issues across Africa.
- Demonstrated financial management experience including preparation and management of budgets and contracts.
- Skilled communicator and influencer, from executive through to technical levels and external constituencies, know how to navigate ambiguous environments and are comfortable at managing up and beyond hierarchy.
- Ability to build and engage teams. Effectively develop, lead, and provide strategic direction to a diverse team of leaders across multiple countries.
- Commitment to equality, diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as fostering a positive spirit of collaboration in a complex environment.
- Results Orientation, innovative and entrepreneurial.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Proven excellence in verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures and to distill complex information and data into accessible conversation and written pieces.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is October 26, 2023.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.
For more information and to sign up for the Foundation’s newsletter, please visit http://www.mastercardfdn.org/
Follow the Foundation on Twitter at @MastercardFdn
NB: To avoid missing email communication about your application, please check your spam/junk folder and mark our emails as “not junk
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th October, 2023