Estates Manager at Reputable Company
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Our client, a leading company in the Real Estate industry, seeks to employ an experienced and suitably qualified Ghanaian for the position of Estates Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the job holder will be responsible for all matters pertaining to the general upkeep, maintenance and good order of the estates and for the development and delivery of all estates and facilities services of the company.
- Ensure that the estates and facilities are maintained to the highest possible standard of hygiene and cleanliness at all times.
- Establish and maintain building management information, inspection reports and ensure that all documentation are up-to-date
- Direct, coordinate, and plan essential central services such as security, maintenance, cleaning, landscaping, facilities management etc.
- Monitor and control the day to day work on all sites undertaken by employed staff and contractors, and deal with any issues arising.
- Ensure planned maintenance activities are completed on schedule and within budget; and urgent repairs are completed within approved timescales, so that the estate environment is safe, comfortable, and fully functional.
- Lead on the preparation of contract specifications and development of service contracts.
- Negotiate, manage, and review procurement or contract renewals in relation to estates and facilities in line with financial policies and procedures
- Develop and implement initiatives to enhance the relationship between the estate management and residents
- Maintain regular communication with residents on the general affairs of the estate
- Ensure adherence to security, emergency and health and safety procedures
- Ensure that estate rules and bye-laws are politely enforced for the good of all residents
- Ensure prompt billing and payment of service charge by residents
- Build contacts with potential clients to create new business opportunities
- Monitor and review progress of projects on site.
- Account for supplies and equipment necessary to maintain the estates and ensure such supplies and equipment are properly safeguarded.
- Arrange with vendors for repairs that cannot be done by regular maintenance staff
- Liaise with Local Authorities and public Utility providers to ensure constant service
- Prepare, manage and report on the property cost budgets to ensure the estate is maintained within expenditure limits
- Prepare and submit various reports as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualification, Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Estate Management, Building Technology, Land Economy or related disciplines.
- 10+ years’ experience as Estate/Facilities Manager or related experience in the real estate industry
- Good understanding of the legal and financial aspects of major property projects
- Ability to manage a complex property estates and facilities portfolio, staff, and budgets.
- Strong analytical, planning, project management skills
- Good at establishing working relationships and developing personal contacts
- Good communication, organizational and people management skills
- Good business sense with the ability to identify business opportunities
- Good marketing and business development skills
- Excellent computer literacy and social media skills
- Proactive and have the ability to take initiative with sound judgment