EPCM Manager at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
- To direct owner’s engineering and technical personnel and coordinate major and complex projects and technical plans/ activities as part of developing a business.
- To conduct and direct the business execution plan including risk management, design, engineering, procurement, cost scheduling, construction activities, start-up, turnover, and completion.
- To coordinate efforts by consultants and business teams in order to complete work within time and cost parameters and make work ‘fit for purpose’.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
Project Engineering Management
- Provide guidance, coordination and management of the owner’s project engineering team members and functions as the home office EPC/ CM manager.
- Direct the execution planning, design, engineering, procurement, cost, scheduling and construction activities of the business by coordinating efforts of various internal department, project development team and outside consulting resources.
- Provide inputs to and ensure the EPC/CM Contractor develops, monitors and maintains a quality plan (schedule), cost control/ trend system and materials management program.
- Act as a primary liaison with the EPC (or EPCM) Contractor’s engineering team and manage their activities and all deliverables per requirement in the prime Agreement.
- Ensure the engineering aspects of the scope of work for the project are clearly-defined and are approved by the appropriate personnel.
- Manage the design to provide suitable facilities for operations and maintenance. Also overview the development of the engineering design which offers safe working conditions both during and after construction.
- Manage the process for system turnover, pre-commissioning, process commissioning, performance testing, mechanical completion, practical completion and final completion per contract requirement.
- Have an oversight over engineering productivity levels, quality assurance procedures and coordination procedures by the implementation Contractor’s engineering team.
- Overview the preparation of submission of “as-built” document as well as development of the project operation and maintenance manuals.
- Assist with the activities associated with pre-commission, handover and during the defects liabilities period for each facility and attend meetings and presentation as required.
People and Contract Management
- Review, evaluate and approve contracts for work to be performed by consultants and outside contractors; monitor budget, approve plans and designs and resolve problems as they arise.
- Understand Owner’s contractual requirements as they relate to supporting the EPC (or EPCM) Contractor’s engineering program.
- Monitor all work-in-progress to ensure that quality and engineering standards are met and that designs are effective through the entire process; approve changes to designs or schedules as necessary.
- Provide technical direction in the resolution of problems associated with the design, engineering and construction of the project. Problems vary in severity and require an advanced knowledge of project management to ensure adequate resolution.
- Provide technical assistance to operating personnel during start-up phase; including management of personnel.
Business Planning and Continuous Improvement
- Establish and maintain systems to manage and evaluate scope of work changes. Oversee development of proposals and cost estimates; also estimate business needs including equipment, materials and personnel; schedule work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Ensure that Newmont’s standards in relation to use of value-improving practices and risk opportunity assessments are scheduled, scoped and completed as part of the overall project execution. Understand and manage business with risk management mindset to identify and manage risks.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST
- Bachelor of Science in an applicable Engineering discipline.
- Strong knowledge in engineering and construction management.
- Prefer a minimum of 10 years’ experience project engineering management experience including experience with greenfield and international projects, or an equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced levels of technical communication, personal interaction and presentation skills required.
- Ability to create a dynamic business team and promote communication and teamwork within the department.
- Ability to manage both internal and external business relations and resolve construction logistics, supply and timeline.
- You will be exposed to a combination of office and UG mining site conditions.
- Work areas will include underground mine areas, rough terrain and exploration sites.
- Other working conditions include:
- Travel to attend business meetings.
- Travel to assist other sites or projects.
- Extended work schedule on site when required.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th December, 2022