Engineering Supervisor – Lifting Equipment & Trucks at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Engineering Supervisor – Lifting Equipment & Trucks.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Supervisor – Lifting Equipment and Trucks is accountable for the execution, monitoring and control of maintenance of Supervisor – Lifting Equipment and Trucks through the application of operational policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety.
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan.
- Gather information for the Superintendent – HME/LV & Lifting Equipment and Trucks for reporting performance
- Conduct periodic audits of all the state of usage of Lifting Equipment and Trucks
- Conduct reviews of the HME refurbishment, later maintenance, to identify actions for continuous improvement and that operability to requirements is ensured
- Organize information for the Superintendent – HME/LV & Lifting Equipment and Trucks to allow development of condition monitoring routes and checks for all Lifting Equipment and Trucks
- Utilize the SAP asset maintenance management system in maintenance and asset management activities, logging also all fluids and consumables usages and registering all LI2182 compliances and certificates
- Execute regular controls on maintenance and operations work quality, according to standards, timeliness and AGAG compliance.
- Execute refurbishment, later maintenance, work checks on a routine scheduled basis.
- Analyze and trend predictive maintenance data (vibration, IR, etc.) to determine plant condition and report this condition for action
- onitor the operational performance of all equipment.
- Record and analyze consumables – oils, cooling fluids, hydraulics, lubricants, etc. in HME/LV & Lifting Equipment and Trucks including engine and gearbox oil analysis logging
- Record the adherence to preventive maintenance schedules in accordance with OEM recommended service cycles
- Record all required regulatory measures, reports, quantities, operational data
- Analyze Mean Time between Failures and Mean Time between replacements for components, vehicles and machines also permitting correct Reliability reporting
- Monitor general physical condition of plant assets and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for refurbishment/ maintenance planning and scheduling
- Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements
- Gather information on vibration & other data collected and escalate in order to permit diagnosis / troubleshooting rotating machinery problems
- Actively participate in maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of Dewatering equipment, when required
- Create and complete the skills matrix and maintain an up-to-date record
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective action
Utilising SAP, update and present to the Maintenance Manager – Fleet and the Superintendent HME, LV and Lifting Equipment & Truck the maintenance workshop aspects required for submission to the Senior Manager, of an annual master schedule of work packages for the Maintenance Department ahead of the business planning process
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Trade Master Certificate in Automotive/Truck or crane/hoist repair or equivalent with over 5 years working experience
- Higher degree in Mechanical Engineering at a Bachelor or Master level with further practical experience in accordance with requirements from the industry’s standard.
- Certified industrial mechanical engineer with a recognised certificate or diploma such as City & Guilds or similar.
- Supervisory training certificate
- An experienced HME/LV & Lifting Equipment and Trucks Maintenance Supervisor with over 5 years’ experience in, preferably, Underground operations/ maintenance
- Knowledge of SAP PM module
- Driving and operating skills with valid driving/ operating license will be an advantage
- Must possess Sectional Engineer’s Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana
- Professional Certificated Supervisor with a relevant certification body.
- Strong Engineering operations/maintenance competencies in mining environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing required outputs.
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs
- Model work behaviours for subordinates
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle
- Support and motivate team to deliver goals of the infrastructure
- Find innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help co-workers
- Able to work with different kinds of people
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th March. 2022