Engineering Manager – Underground at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Engineering Manager – Underground.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Engineering Manager – Underground, is accountable for the development and implementation of Underground Fixed Infrastructure maintenance, including the Winding, Mine Services, and Mine Dewatering through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable, cost-effective manner and minimise operational risks to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Deliver the Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
- Provide technical input to the safety management plan for the construction and refurbishment works, consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards.
- Review the application of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction and mining workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Apply HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches
- As a minimum, achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure.
- Utilise ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools to investigate process interruptions to reduce exposure to environmental risks.
- Reduce energy usage by running the mine energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within the sphere of influence
- Ensure the organisation structure is capable of delivering the maintenance strategy
- Communicate policies and procedures in a manner to achieve full understanding and compliance
- Guide subordinates in leadership techniques to achieve maximum performance
- Verify that supervisors develop a skills matrix that includes all disciplines and individual achievements
- Give advice and guidance to the refurbishment project team on best practice and fit for purpose engineering and construction outcomes to meet approved design specifications.
- Review, approve, and sign off the detailed Refurbishment Execution Plan and schedule, infrastructure detailed design requirements, detailed testing plans, operational commissioning plans, handover plans, training plans, manuals, records, drawings, specifications, and documents issued.
- Ensure delivering infrastructure requirements consistent with the procurement and contracting strategy addresses construction time, cost, and quality risks.
- Support interface management with the EPCM contractor for construction and refurbishment works.
- Liaise with the Engineering Manager – Technical to develop maintenance planning and management outcomes.
- Manage refurbishment installation contractor and an AGAG maintenance workforce to deliver works that meet cost, schedule and quality expectations consistent with the scope and quality contained in the Feasibility Study within area of accountability.
- Implement the approved organisational structure required to deliver the project targets and future operational requirements.
- Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable and experienced personnel in accountability.
- Support the development and implementation of systems for the Engineering and Mining departments to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Ensure the work carried out by the maintenance team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost
- Identify sub-standard work practices and take action to eliminate them and identify the root cause of these poor work practices.
- Assign tasks to subordinates in line with achieving the agreed production plan
- Lead a team of engineers to specify, design, analyse and verify new components and systems.
- Implement corporate programs, e.g. asset management strategies, System for People, Operational Effectiveness, etc, across areas of control.
- Monitor the supply, availability and condition of parts, inventory, general and specific consumables and rotable equipment required to provide assured sustainable operation of the mining operation.
- Prepare the departmental budget that supports the company’s objectives and strategy
- Ensure cost impacts in the area of accountability are evaluated, approved, and the budget is revised
- Identify, communicate and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Manage the department in line with operational budget
- Communicate to subordinates the relevant financial detail to each individual’s level ensuring their understanding and obligations to meet the budget goals
- Identify in a timely manner all current and potential risks to the Refurbishment, Construction and Maintenance activities utilising the established Risk Management System, identifying activities and strategies to eliminate, manage or mitigate these risks
- Provide input and support into establishing and maintaining Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), budget, schedule, and construction work packs for refurbishment activities.
- Oversee the Requests for Information (RFI) and Technical Query (TQ) process, review and approve appropriate technical and non-technical documentation
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve cost, schedule, quality and safety outcomes to all engineering, mining, refurbishment and construction activities undertaken
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses
- An experienced mechanical/electrical/ maintenance engineer with 10+ years experience in underground Infrastructure maintenance
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module
Must possess Engineering Managers Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body
- Strong maintenance competencies in fixed plants and mobile equipment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems
Detail-oriented to understand complex systems and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviours for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work with different kinds of people
- Organisational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 3rd Jan. 2022