Engineer: Roaming and Signaling at MTN GlobalConnect
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: MTN GlobalConnect
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana - MTN Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Roaming/Signaling support engineer will form part of an MTN GC technology operation organization team responsible for resolving or escalating Roaming/Signaling applications and infrastructure issues. This candidate will provide Level 1 infrastructure support to the business performing root cause analysis and suggest improvement plans where required.
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA’s)
Service Desk Engineer will be the Single Point of Contacts for all Roaming/Signaling related issues for end users whose key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for handling Incidents and change requests and will be the point of contact for Messaging-related issues.
- Ensuring every issue/request is logged in the ServiceNow ticketing tool without any lapses.
- Providing the first Level for all related infrastructure-related services within agreed SLA’s.
- Quantifying and qualifying the impact or operational risk to escalate the incident on time if necessary.
- Performing diagnosis on incidents to drive mitigation and coordinate the efforts to mitigate them.
- Route tickets to internal 2nd and 3rd Level Roaming/Signaling support staff appropriately without any misrouting.
- Assigning service requests/incidents to appropriate support teams and follow up until closure.
- In charge of driving and implementing changes in development and production environments.
- Communicating with the business about changes, incidents, and maintenance.
- Using the incident management system (ServiceNow) to document and manage Incidents and work requests and their respective resolutions and circumventions.
- Coordinate with Level 2 teams during Major incidents and provide updates to Users.
- Ensuring the ticket is updated with the latest updates descriptively for future reference
- Adhering to on-call duties and operating processes – KPIs and SLAs.
- Constantly upscale your technical expertise to administer a wide range of infrastructures.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Minimum 3-year Academic Diploma in Information technology.
- Fluent in English and language of country (preferable).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Roaming/Signaling systems support.
- Proficiency in Service Now.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with business partners and other engineers.
- Knowledge and practical experience within the Telecommunications industry.
- Being a self-starter and the ability to work unsupervised is essential.
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies (advantageous) .
- Implementers, Decisive Problem Solver, Best Practice Value Creator
- Culture and Change Champion, Guiding People Manager, Relationship Builder
- Results Achiever, Operationally Astute
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing work items appropriately.
- Self-motivated, self-confident team player that can work well in a fast-paced environment. Quick on one’s feet, fast thinker.
- Ability to understand and communicate high level technical concepts.
- Process driven; leverage existing processes to efficiently execute duties.
- Ability to work with the customer and to involve the right people; solicits input, knows and plans for stakeholder impact. Self-motivated, independent worker, driven to complete tasks quickly
- Ability to balance’s priorities and manage workload effectively.
- Quickly adapts approach as the situation changes.
- Detail-oriented individual to ensure all issues are resolved to customer satisfaction.
– Regional and international travel (if required)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th Jan. 2022