Engineer – Projects at Orica
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Orica
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About The Role
We are currently on the lookout for a talented Engineer Projects to work in our Ghana Operations Excellence team. This role will be site based at our Ghana head office in Accra and involve regular travel to our Northern and West African site locations.
The role is only available to candidates who have Ghanaian Citizenship, and will operate predominately on a Monday – Friday residential roster.
The primary purpose of this critical Engineering role will be to provide engineering support in capital projects and Orica’s existing plant and assets on multiple sites across the region.
The successful candidate will interface with a diverse group of customer and Orica stakeholders from Operators to Engineers to Management, providing project management and technical support.
In return for your professional commitment, we can offer a healthy salary, genuine career pathways and support into leadership or engineering specialisation.
What you will be doing
- Developing Engineering standards defining duties, operating parameters, protection requirements, installation practices etc. for various applications;
- Driving regulatory and statutory compliance of assets delivered by project team;
- Providing regional engineering and capex support;
- Ensuring all designs produced comply with all relevant statutory and corporate standards and are documented through Orica internal systems;
- Ensuring work is appropriately defined such that design output and processes meet customer expectations;
- Sharing technical and business knowledge throughout the global engineering group;
- Managing relationships with internal business units and external service providers;
What you will bring
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience post qualification;
- Experience leading a team, including building a collaborative approach;
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders;
- Strong strategic and commercial acumen supported by sound commercial judgement;
- Ability to plan, influence & execute;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to present strategic logic and recommended pathways, coupled with the ability to present to key stakeholders.
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th Jan, 2023