Engineer, Network Systems Support at MTN Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: MTN Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• Ensure that the Managed Service Provider’s NMC duties are performed per Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators (SLA/KPI’s) in line with MTN Ghana business objectives. This role will also be responsible for monitoring and coordinating all network related changes by ensuring implementation is in accordance with change control procedures, with minimum customer impact, towards achieving the desired results of the changes.
• Technology and Platform business
• Multiregulation and multifaceted stakeholder management
• Public Listed Organization
• Environmental, social and governance prioritized
• Partnerships at the core of business practices
• Managed Services organisation and regional Structure implication
• MTN Group approved Telecommunication/ICT Network Standards and Practices
• Global technology trends and advancements
• Diverse Cultural environment
• Agile way of work
• To ensure that the Vendor provides and documents Root Cause Analysis (RCA) report on time and shared with relevant stakeholders and follows up on recommendations in the report.
• To confirm data integrity and ensure all reports by the Managed service partner is accurate to inform decision making
• Monitor and ensure planned work are logged with all relevant data and planned tests are conducted after every work order per standards.
• Correlate network changes and impact on user departments
• Engage with internal/external team on upcoming planned activities.
• Issue agenda and minutes for Change Control Board meetings.
• Ensure approval for implementation is communicated to requester and monitor for compliance with change management policy.
• Escalation of problems associated with Request for Change (RFC) to line manager and identified stakeholders
• Maintain Change management policy
• Consult with Internal Audit and forensic division for regular internal and external Audits
• Escalate serious and long outstanding faults to the Manager, Network Change Control board & NMC
• To generate/develop periodic and adhoc reports per timelines agreed on with Line Manager
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a University degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering/ Telecom Engineering, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, and related specializations
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in relevant Information Technology or Telecommunication environment.
• Fundamental Knowledge in Telecoms (PS/CS Core, RAN, Transmission, etc)
• Sound knowledge in database administration
• Good command of Linux/UNIX system administration
• Sound knowledge of operating system support (OSS) preferably Ericsson & Huawei
• Good knowledge of scripting and platform integration
• Ability to manage own time and workload and juggle conflicting priorities
• Demonstrate evidence of influencing and negotiating skills
• Professional approach with a can do attitude
• Courage Skills- Manages self and supervise managed services providers performance, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills -Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
• Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, commitment to the organization
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking, and Problem-solving abilities.
Must live the MTN Values of
• Can Do; Integrity; leadership; Innovation; Relationships
Must exhibit the MTN Vital Behaviors of
• Complete Candor, Complete Accountability, Active Collaboration & Get it done.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number Ref no: MTN-NWG-ADTRACKENG4 as the email subject and ensure that CVs are saved in their names. Applications without the subject and CVs saved in their names will automatically be disqualified.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
Closing Date: 28 August, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.