Energy Access Lead at Tetra Tech
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tetra Tech
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.Position & Job PurposeTetra Tech is searching for an Energy Access Lead (EAL) for the anticipated USAID Empower West Africa Energy Project. The EAL provides project leadership and technical expertise on advancing energy sector transition in the region, as further detailed below. The position is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits and is contingent upon contract award. Non-Ghanaian candidates must be willing to relocate to Accra, Ghana for the duration of the project. Position Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and promote clean and reliable energy access.
- Manage, supervise and coordinate technical services and activities in West Africa.
- Provide thought leadership and technical support as needed to accelerate implementation
- Interact with USAID, USG officials to advance the project’s objectives.
- Effectively integrate guiding principles in the design, implementation and evaluation of activities and programs, including environment, social, climate change, and gender and social inclusion, monitoring, evaluation and learning aspects
- Participate and assist in setting up and undertake periodic reviews and reporting
Essential KSAs Required (experience, Skills, Education, Certification, Etc.)
- 8-10+ years’ experience, developing country work to increase access to affordable, reliable energy, including household (on-grid and off-grid) and commercial/industrial access.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, law, engineering, economics, finance, policy, or a related field. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Demonstrated familiarity, and prior experience working in the energy sector in West Africa
- Experience working on both on-grid and off-grid energy opportunities
- Knowledgeable in grid densification and expansion, customer regularization, Distributed Renewable Energy (DRE) solutions (metro-grids, mini-grids and solar home systems), energy sector laws and regulations; expanding business opportunities in off-grid and renewable technologies, on-grid energy access, customer engagement, strategic planning, quality assurance standards, rural electrification plans, on and off-grid delineations.
- Familiarity promoting gender equality and social inclusion in the energy sector
- Prior experience with managing a team of subject matter experts across geographies
- Familiarity with design and implementation of capacity building programs in the electricity sector
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, and leadership skills, including the ability to manage high-level relationships
Valued But Not Required KSAs
- Experience increasing on-grid and off-grid access to affordable, reliable energy
- Experience in renewable energy and resource efficiency.
- Experience in the productive uses of energy (solar irrigation, cooling, electric mobility and electrification of small and large industrial and commercial businesses)
- Experience in improving the quality of social services (education and clean water provision).
- Experienced promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment in the energy sector
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Office Setting
About Tetra TechTetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 470 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—22,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th July, 2023