Emergency Response Team (ERT) Captain at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana - Newmont Inc Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- Are you interested in working in an inclusive environment where you would provide emergency response capabilities for the Ahafo North Project that focuses on protecting personnel ,assets and the wider community (environment) while reducing any potential detrimental impact that may ensue for the benefit of Newmont.
In This Role You Will:
- Support the rollout of Newmont Emergency Response Team (ERT) programs(i.e. fire, injuries, fatalities, Hazmat, recoveries, height rescues, confined spaces and ambulance services) to prevent and control loss due to emergency situations such as fire, hazardous chemicals and vehicle and/or heavy equipment accident response.
- Mobilize the team to respond to the emergency rescue plan system for permitted and high-risk activities, including working at heights, confined space entry and handling hazardous chemicals (i.e. transfer of cyanide).
- Support with the training and provide leadership to ERT Members and the development of programs to effectively resolve emergency situations(i.e. in Advanced First Aid, Extrication, Fire Fighting, Confined Space Rescue and High Angle Rope Rescue).
- Assist with the coordination of regular drill store in force training activities for both medical and ERT personnel.
- Partner with Project Managers, contractors, Health and Safety committee members and government inspectors to optimize the on-site safety programs and systems.
Your Training, Skills and Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) / West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
- Drivers license D (Heavy Vehicle Driving Permit).
- Basic Life Support Certificate is preferable.
- Prior knowledge in rope rescue techniques and First Aid administration.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ working experience in an Emergency Response environment.
- Vast knowledge in carrying out rescue operations.
- Previous Health and Safety experience is beneficial.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal )and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to lead and direct a team.
- Goal oriented.
- Team player.
- Safety conscious.
- Results driven.
- Attention to Detail.
- The position is located at the Ahafo North mine.
- The incumbent will be required to undergo a physical fitness evaluation.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th March. 2022