Electrical Supervisor – Process Plant at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Electrical Supervisor – Process Plant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical Supervisor – Process Plant is accountable for the monitoring and control of output of Process Plant Electrical new construction of electrical equipment in the processing plant, surface and UG infrastructures, the transition to operations, through the application of operational policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Execute electrical maintenance on a routine scheduled basis for the processing plant.
- Assist the Electrical Superintendent – Processing Plant to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for processing plant electrical equipment.
- Maintain fixed plant in the Process Plant. This involves maintaining all electrical systems relating to Crushers, Conveyor Systems, Pumps, Ball Mill, Vibrating Screens & Feeders, Cranes & Hoists, Cyclones and Tanks. PM inspections, disconnect/reconnection of motors, programming of VSD’s, maintaining the integrity of the operating environment of all electrical equipment.
- Assist the Engineering Technical team to implement energy management initiatives or projects. Liaise with Electrical Engineers regarding future installations and supply capabilities.
- Assist with shutdown co-ordination and execution on the Electrical aspect.
- Refer to schematic drawings and relate these to fault find issues with electrical equipment. Update drawings and give feedback to respective Engineering Technical Team.
- Monitor general physical condition of plant assets and report.
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary.
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for new build/ maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements.
- Actively participate in maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of Electrical equipment as per requirements.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives.
- Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Maintenance Management, or equivalent
- An experienced Electrical maintenance Supervisor with 5+ years’ experience in, preferably, Metallurgical processing plant maintenance.
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Knowledge of the Ghana Electrical Wiring Regulations 2012, L.I. 2008
- Knowledge of SAP PM Module.
- Must possess Sectional Engineer’s Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Supervisor with a relevant certification body.
- Strong Electrical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good Supervisory practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th June. 2022