Electrical/Mechanical Technician – Asset Care at Guinness
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Guinness
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothings changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to build the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best XYZ. Feel encouraged? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Purpose of the role
- Work safely within the Operations team
- Provide maintenance and continuous improvement skills to deliver and improve on safety, quality, delivery, efficiency, cost and asset care.
- Effective use of maintenance systems data
- Observe and ensure compliance to safe systems of work
- Completion of Preventative maintenance activities
- Deliver and improve performance targets in safety, quality, service, cost and asset care.
- At all times enforce to Diageo health and safety, environmental and food safety standards, and work to all applicable legislative procedures. Responsible for Safe Systems of work.
- Maintain a safe and organised workplace environment through consistency to the Safety and 5S MMS practices
- Provide Asset Care Technician resource (electrical and mechanical) to the Operations team
- Accountable to ensure all assigned Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules are carried out at the defined frequency and completed to the required standard.
- Mentor operators to perform autonomous maintenance tasks, machine set ups optimisation and support growth in equipment capability as required.
- Support capital work, including installation, commissioning and testing within area as required. Responsible for feeding into early equipment management.
- Make full use of SAP – SAP reporting & recording completion.
- Review RCM activity on a weekly basis
- Understands and uses MMS principles tools and techniques, giving positively to MMS ITFs
- Manage personal data in Workday e.g. P4G and personal details (specific responsibilities to be clarified)
- Attend and contribute to SIC process. Complete short interval control documentation on activities.
- Raise 5 why’s as defined by agreed trigger points. Work with Operators and team leaders to play a proactive role in situational problem solving on shift. Fixing problems and finding solutions via RCPS
- Participate in line improvement projects, a skills & experience allow
- Engage in start of shift meetings and performance-based team meetings to raise and address persistent performance issues.
- Participates in weekly asset care review meetings
- Anticipate issues and be more proactive in approach
- Support TLS & Operators to build asset care and RCPS capability
- Attend all Tier 1 meetings, contribute to the agenda and complete actions as required
Entry level requirements – skills and experience
- A qualified time served trade (Electrical or Mechanical) or local equivalent is essential
- At least 5 years work experience in an operations environment
- Relevant IBD qualification (General Certificate in Spirits/Beer Packaging) or willing to complete
- National Certificate level qualification or equivalent within an FMCG industry
- Minimum of HnD in Mechanical/Electrical engineering
Experience – Essential
- Numerical/verbal reasoning, Computer literate
- Understanding of Asset Performance and maintenance philosophy with excellent Process Improvement and root cause problem solving skills
- Multiskilled or willing to become
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work in a team and be an effective team member, good interpersonal skills
- Has strength of character to challenge poor team behaviours and non-adherence to standards
- Surfaces problems, doesn’t hide them
- Is an ambassador for Manufacturing Excellence and continuous improvement
- Responds to change in a positive and flexible manner
- Knowledge of risk standards (Quality / H&S / Environment) Safety and hygiene compliance procedures
- Solid understanding of SAP, Harford
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th May. 2022