Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor – Pastefill at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor – Pastefill.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Shift Supervisor – Pastefill is accountable on a shift basis for the monitoring, control of electrical, instrumentation and communication infrastructure of the Pastefill Plant and Surface infrastructure maintenance to standards through the application of operational policies, processes and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Accept personal responsibility for his/her own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Comply and follow the operating procedures and environmental rules for the performance of assigned job
- Must correct, or report to supervisor any observed environmental deviations, practices and conditions as well as make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management
- Execute maintenance of all electrical and instrumentation equipment at the Paste fill Plant and Surface infrastructure (Substations, Transformers, Underground Cables, Overhead Power Lines, Protection System, Fixed Plant equipment and low Voltage installations)
- Conduct reviews of the electrical and instrumentation refurbishment and maintenance of the electrical and instrumentation equipment to identify actions for continuous improvement.
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for new build/ maintenance planning and scheduling
- Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the Paste fill plant requirements.
- Actively participate in maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of Electrical & CIC equipment as per requirements.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate refurbishment work contractors to time plan, escalate real or potential delays.
- Constant monitoring and controlling of plant KPIs and process stream to achieve paste production targets whiles on duty.
- Conduct reviews of the electrical/CIC infrastructure to identify actions for continuous improvement
- Assist the E&I Superintendent – Surface to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for Pastefill and surface Electrical/CIC Fixed and Mobile Plant Infrastructure
- Execute work checks on a routine scheduled basis. This includes visual checks, installation and operational checks
- Assist with shutdown co-ordination and execution on the Electrical/CIC Pastefill and surface infrastructure
- Gather information on operating equipment and collect data to diagnose/troubleshoot operating machinery problems
- Support in the commissioning and upgrades to the Electrical/CIC aspects of the Paste fill Plant
- Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or is unsafe to be used
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- An experienced Electrical & Instrumentation Maintenance Supervisor with 5+ years’ in process plant, low and medium voltage Infrastructure/installations.
- At least three (3) years in supervisory role, preferably Mine Infrastructure Maintenance
- Knowledge of SAP PM module.
- Knowledge in the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation with certification
- Professional Certificated Supervisor with a relevant certification body.
- Familiarity with Maintenance/ Operating Machinery and Process Plants
- Strong Electrical and CIC maintenance/design competencies in mining and/or extractive environment, plant operations, underground infrastructure
- Sound and working knowledge in Electrical and CIC Standards and Specifications
- SCADA, PLC
- Historian servers
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs.
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs.
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction/operations team to deliver the project/operations goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work with different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st Oct, 2022