Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer at Unilever
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Unilever
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
With 3.4 billion people in over 190 countries using our products every day, Unilever is a business that makes a real impact on the world. Work on brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace, and it is our belief that doing business the right way drives superior performance. At the heart of what we do is our people – we believe that when our people work with purpose, we will create a better business and a better world.
At Unilever, your career will be a unique journey, grounded in our inclusive, collaborative, and flexible working environment. We don’t believe in the ‘one size fits all’ approach and instead we will equip you with the tools you need to shape your own future.
Unilever is the place where you can bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. If you are an engineer who is enthusiastic to learn and to render services to provide and facilitate safe and efficient plant functioning and to achieve the factory performance improvement ambitions in the areas of quality, machine reliability, efficiency and cost, then this role is just for you!
What Will Your Main Responsibilities Be
- Manage over all Electrical & Instrument control engineering crews.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
- Lead and drive the electrical safety audits, identification of gaps, development of action plans, corrective actions and follow up for improvement of electrical safety programs in manufacturing plant.
- Evaluate existing HT/LT electrical distribution systems, planning and budgeting for new investments, execution of new improvement/capacity enhancement projects without any Safety, health and environmental issue within agreed budget and agreed time plan.
- PM planning, estimating, scheduling, staffing, procurement and execution of various automation, control with Value Engineering concepts.
- Maintain relationship with Electricity Company of Ghana for reliability improvement of power supply to the site as the key contact for ECG electrical matters.
- Ensures critical support for all production line related concerns while supporting continuous improvement projects and structured kaizen activities as both a leader and team member.
- Communicate and coordinate with multiple vendors or contractors on technical related Maintenance requirements.
- Ensure Maintenance delivery as with safety, quality, output and cost effectiveness.
- To monitor and report machine reliability, MTBF, MTTR, Breakdown rate, repair & maintenance cost.
- Create Technical Standards to meet user requirement specification.
- Train and coaching subordinate/crews on technical standards.
- Identify and extend good practice to other lines.
- To support and ensure the installation, test run and commissioning of the local Electric and Instrument, control project works (Capex) in all production plants are carried out and completed within the target (Time, Cost and Quality).
- To utilize computer maintenance management system (CMMS) effectively.
- Collaborating with Digital and automation team to exploring and implementing new way to automate and digitalization systems.
- Analyse project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, robotic safety standards, motor controls and IT needs.
- Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
- Create an accurate Bill of Materials.
- Responsible for system design, hardware (panel, hydraulic, pneumatic, instrumentation, electrical, network etc.) design and software design with HMI.
- Selection of Hardware with keeping in view of current installation.
- Oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality, and allotted budget.
- Electrical, software design of customized solutions including manufacturing automation and safety systems. Able to maintain project scope and identify project creep.
- Support manufacture, build and validation of systems which include pneumatics, servos, variable frequency drives, relays, communication networks, HMI touchscreens, and more.
- Understands/Able to gather required Information from and make document for supplier including Functional Requirement Specifications, P&IDs, C&Es, Drawings, Narratives.
- Maintain accurate records and files according to quality standard.
- Develop electrical and control panel schematics.
What You Need To Succeed
Experiences & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/electronics engineering (or similar field of study).
- Minimum 5-year experience in related field.
- Control system automation and manufacturing instrument experience and familiarity with the various hardware/software products and services employed for automation projects.
- Hands-on experience in FMCGs manufacturing.
- Familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures of FMCGs.
- Machinery safety experience.
- PLC programming and troubleshooting experience (Omron, Allend-Bradley, Siemens, RSLogix 5000, etc.).
- Strong fundamental knowledge of control and electrical system design and its application in automated industrial designs including specification of vision, power, sensor, inspection, and communications systems.
- Energetic, working under dynamic environment and good interpersonal skills.
- You are energized by delivering fantastic results. You are an example to others – both your results and your resilience. You are constantly on the lookout for better ways to do things, engaging and collaborating with others along the way.
- As an individual you are the one responsible for your own wellbeing and delivering high standards of work. You must also focus on the Consumer and what they need. You are humble and have your head up, looking around to interpret evidence and data smartly, spot issues and opportunities to make things better.
- Critical SOL (Standards of Leadership) Behaviors
- PASSION FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE: Takes personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results. Has an owner’s mindset, using data and insight to make decisions.
- PERSONAL MASTERY: Sets high standards for themselves. Actively builds own wellbeing and resilience.
- CONSUMER LOVE: Whatever their role, always looks for better ways to serve consumers. Invests time inside and outside to understand the needs of consumers.
- PURPOSE & SERVICE: Has humility, understanding that leadership is service to others, inside and outside Unilever.
- AGILITY: Explores the world around them, continually learning and developing their skills.
Unilever embraces diversity and encourages applicants from all walks of life! This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th Jan, 2024