Economic Analyst at Natural Resource Governance Institute
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Natural Resource Governance Institute
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
NRGI is seeking a new Economic Analyst, to be based in our Ghana office. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced analyst to contribute to immediate key deliverables and projects funded by NORAD, and to advance various other portfolios longer term. The Economic Analyst will join a small team in Ghana, but will work closely with colleagues in more than 15 countries across the organisation, including in the Legal and Economics team.
The role will be ideal for someone who possesses a combination of experience within the extractive industry governance as well as the wider international development sector. The successful postholder will have scope to engage in our research work and with our various partners by generating analysis, research and policy advice vital to NRGI’s economic lines of work to drive reforms, particularly in navigating the energy transition.
You will contribute to driving impact in natural resource governance, sustainable and inclusive development through rigorous economic analysis and advancing the body of evidence-based knowledge. This includes, but is not limited to, conducting research, data analysis and generating evidence as well as developing economic and financial models.
Support capacity development by helping to design, develop and deliver trainings and other workshops, and participate in panel discussions in areas of expertise. You will also be required to fully integrate Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning elements in design and implementation.
You will participate in region and country team efforts to build strong donor relations that deliver mutual value and generate sustainable funding. This may involve contribution to the development of proposals to secure funding, particularly where relevant to economic analysis and impact.
Working to strengthen NRGI presence in the region, and in close collaboration with the relevant teams, you will engage directly with government officials, parliament, Civil Society Organisations and private sector to influence reform and adoption of leading practices.
With support from the communications teams where appropriate, you will use various communications tools and platforms to reach target audiences, and generate awareness that translates into impactful engagement.
This role might be for you if…
You are familiar with the not-for-profit sector, and have experience working within the extractive industry governance, ideally as an economic analyst.
You have excellent quantitative analytical and data visualisation skills. You must be able to develop complex models, synthetise data sets from multiple sources and interpret it.
You must have the ability to build collaborative relationships across a globally dispersed team in order to advance our research and advocacy work.
You are rigorous and methodical in your analysis work, and can at the same time simplify it to non-expert audiences in order to drive engagement and effectively influence key stakeholders.
You keep up to date with the latest developments in the your area of expertise, you are passionate and able to identify new trends and shifts to advance the function.
Experience & Technical Skills Required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on economic analysis within the field of international development with regional/country experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience working on extractive industry governance or at least one of the following fields: taxation, public financial management, state owned enterprise management, or energy transition.
- Understanding of the interplay between regulations, government, and commercial activities; familiarity with country, and global initiatives aiming to improve good governance in the extractive industries sector.
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills, including developing complex models, synthesizing data sets from multiple sources, and interpreting data.
- Experience providing pragmatic technical assistance on complex policy or business issues to decision-makers. Ability to deliver trainings and other capacity development interventions to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Able to initiate and develop productive and credible relationships and influence key stakeholders at a project, country, and region level.
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically with a 3-5 year horizon.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills in English. Excellent cross-cultural communication skills, including ability and/or interest in engaging with the media and using social media (e.g., Twitter) to connect NRGI’s work to relevant current affairs.
Education & Qualifications
- Postgraduate degree in economics required. Earlier / additional degree in relevant field (e.g., public policy, finance, law or international affairs) preferred.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th Jan. 2022