Director at University of Cape Coast
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: University of Cape Coast
- Location: Ghana
- State: Cape Coast
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The University of Cape Coast invites applications from suitably qualified applicants for the post of Director, University Health Services, which will become vacant on 1st August, 2023.
The Director of Health Services is the Clinical and Administrative head of the Directorate of University Health Services. He/She is responsible to the Vice Chancellor through the Registrar.
Candidates seeking appointment to this position must:
• possess a post graduate degree from a recognized university
• have a minimum of ten years post qualification experience as a licensed physician, surgeon, dentist, pharmacist.
• Ability to demonstrate adequate working knowledge of the University system will be an added advantage.
The Director of Health Services shall be responsible for the provision of preventive, curative, environmental and public health services at the University. His/Her duties include, but are not limited to:
• providing primary health care to staff, students and members of the University community
• serving as the clinical liaison between Health Services staff and the University community, ensuring the communication of up-to-date medical information to appropriate parties.
• organizing preventive services, including medical examinations and vaccine requirements for students and staff.
• ensuring quality services by implementing appropriate scheduling systems, management of client health records, client retention and referral
• anticipating and identifying problems that affect client care and utilizing appropriate problem-solving processes to correct and/or prevent problems.
• working with staff in developing and implementing a comprehensive client education programme including health fairs, new programmes, and disease management efforts.
• working with management to initiate and review programmes and practices that are developmentally appropriate and that promote overall health and wellness of the University community.
• maintaining professional growth and development of all staff of the Directorate through participation in relevant continuing education activities and providing guidance and support to the Health Services team.
• maintaining professional relationships with local health care organizations and professionals to ensure access to necessary referral and consultative services.
• participating in the hiring process and orientation of new members of the health care team.
• reviewing productivity and quality reports and meeting with health care teams to review individual and group productivity as well as devise and implement corrective action strategies when necessary.
• developing and evaluating all protocols for patient care in conjunction with Health Services personnel.
• leading in the development and implementation of short and long-range plans to ensure the continued provision of appropriate and high-quality services to students, staff and the University community.
• ensuring that departments within the Directorate of Health Services meet operational goals including quality, productivity and user benchmarks.
• assisting in the development of the department’s budget and identifying and correcting variances from budgeted goals.
Location: Cape Coast
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please submit completed application forms (obtainable from the DHR or from the University website: www.ucc.edu.gh) and comprehensive curriculum vitae, together with relevant supporting documents and a Three-Page Vision Statement to:
University of Cape Coast
Applicants should request three (3) referees to submit written reports on them directly to the above address
Closing Date: 31 March, 2023