Director, Trade Product Manager at Standard Chartered Bank
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana - Standard Chartered Bank Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
- Directly responsible for articulating the product strategy and executing product initiatives on the annual operating plan in country
- Directly responsible for understanding customer needs and develop the client value propositions that will address them across all client segments relevant for the market and feeding these needs into the Regional product teams.
- Sponsor launches of product enhancements, new products, channels or new platforms as required. Work jointly with Sales and Marketing to develop collaterals for local market, communicate product launches, organize customer events and develop a sales campaign strategy to ensure that the new products meet planned volume and revenue targets
- Ensuring training initiatives are executed in the country in line with the global commercialization agenda.
- Identify and market-size new business opportunities and revenue pools and articulate the product and client access capabilities needed to seize a share of them
- Establish a strategy that drives a customer-centric view into Transaction Banking with activities including but not limited to focus groups, customer surveys and Voice of the Customer.
- Where relevant work with the Network team, to building of relationships with third parties to expand the product offering as set out in the country plan and look at ways of reducing cost of such relationships
People and Talent
- Provide strong leadership to the in-country team
- Be a lead market advocate for TB participating and representing the Bank in industry bodies and market forums.
- Actively influence regulatory and public policy agenda through regular engagement with key regulators; be a point of reference in the region to give context to proposed regulations
- Provide leadership, coaching and motivation to the team and ensure that members are adequately equipped and trained to handle their role and work effectively in a matrix organisation.
- Identify and mitigate the Operational, Credit, Regulatory and Business conduct risks relating to TB products within the country.
- Ensure country compliance on Group standard for Audit, Control and financial reporting including reporting of risks to BORF/CORGs
- Work with operations to improve overall service standards and to ensure that quality of service to customers remains superior to competition
- Ensure timely renewal of country addendums (CAs) to PPGs and proactively work with stakeholders to identify and quantify new and existing risks.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Trade Product to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matter
- *Customers (across the breadth of the portfolio)
- Trade associations
- Infrastructure providers
- Trade and industry journals
- Competitors (industry initiatives)
- Regulators and Government agencies
- *TB Sales Segment Heads and I&CM heads
- *TB Regional head
- *CCIB Regional Head
- FM Country Head
- *Central Product and Client Access management
- *Operations – CSG, CIO
- Credit – CRC
- Finance – CFO
- Legal and CFCC
- Relevant country committees (ALCO…)
Our Ideal Candidate
- A good first degree. Masters will be an advantage
- 10 years of Corporate Banking experience with the las 4 yrs in Credit Origination, Solution Structuring and Product Management
- A fair understanding of back to back Trade Operations and Product Delivery
- Good Appreciation of Front end Risk Management and governance
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14th April. 2022