Director, Relationship Manager at Standard Chartered Bank
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana - Standard Chartered Bank Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Relationship Manager (“RM”) is the lead coverage and strategic advisor to the client and is accountable for the overall client group revenues, profitability and risk acceptance (AML, CDD and Credit.)
The RM is responsible for establishing and maintaining an end-to-end understanding of the client’s structure, business and banking needs, and steering the client relationship through Account Planning.
- Lead the origination and assume all the relationship management responsibilities for the Banks and Brokers / Dealers segment clients with presence in Ghana, other NPCs and to be a champion for the FINTECH business.
- Single point of contact to the client’s decision makers, originating and coordinating multi-product activities.
- Develop deep and sustainable relationships with the client CEOs, Treasurers, CFOs and key decision makers and become a trusted advisor to them.
- Responsible for working with the Global Account Managers (“GAM”), Field Account Managers (“FAM”) and Product Partners in FM, TB, CF and Risk to deliver the SCB Network to our clients.
- Participate in the annual relationship review along with the GAMs at least once a year.
- Lead and own all the business / deal discussions / RFPs and actively originate business within sphere of focus.
- Key requirements include effective origination skills, relevant product knowledge and an acute knowledge and experience in identifying and managing all Risks
- Financial Crime
The successful candidate will be expected to both build and originate new client relationships by providing service and solutions tailored to the clients’ needs and acting as a content provider alongside our regional and global colleagues.
- Emphasis will be placed on appropriate assessment of credit, reputational, regulatory and operational risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating consideration for the SC’s reputation and safeguarding its clients, compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to internal policies, and maintaining ethical judgment regarding personal conduct.
- Candidate will be required to maintain a well-informed and forward-looking view of the client business, stay current on all aspects of the assigned portfolio, including industry trends, portfolio performance and pipeline, compliance with internal policies, potential risks and opportunities.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with Product, Financial Credit Risk, Legal and Compliance and other key stakeholders.
- Prepare and present on-boarding memos, credit discussion memos and client pitch books.
- Proficiency in the French Language could be an advantage.
- Lead segment initiatives.
- Actively originate new business and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes whilst selectively developing new relationships where appropriate.
- Maximise the capital accretive revenue to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, strengthening and deepening existing relationships both at the both senior and operating level in the clients in the designated portfolio.
- Stay abreast and anticipate the developments of the competitive and regulatory environment that affect our client’s agenda and strategy.
- Proactively manage the designated client portfolio to ensure:
- Close ties exist with key stakeholders e.g. Transaction Banking, Financial Markets, Corporate Finance, Risk, Country CEOs, Service Delivery, etc.
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment, keeping up to date with applicable changes and Group policies with ability to contribute and, where possible, influencing policy formulation.
- Key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework in FI.
- All sales disciplines are adhered in accordance with CCIB standards i.e. Account Planning, Call Reports, Deal Pipeline Management.
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, taking the initiative for providing proactive advice to clients as identified.
- Ensure that key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework locally and globally through the FI matrix as first line of defence.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- To perform and carry out the responsibilities achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to local regulator prescribed responsibilities and rationale for allocation.
- Engage with product partners within the country, region and globally to ensure the breadth and depth of client coverage.
- Engage with Client Managers on relevant client account management activities.
- Consult with senior stakeholders in Risk and Legal and Compliance to ensure that the portfolio remains credit worthy and within the policies of the bank.
- Designated point of contact with the clients and acting as a trusted advisor / value added partner to clients.
- Peers in the client segment.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Spot Opportunities
- Solve Problems
- Take the Lead
- Build Resilience
- Deliver Sustainably
- Achieve Results
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th Jan, 2023