Director, Legal Division at Zormelo & Associates
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Zormelo & Associates
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Reporting to the Chief Director, the Director of the Legal Division shall:
- Set the Strategy for the Legal Division within the broader context of the strategic goals and mandate of the Ministry.
- Manage the full range of legal issues that arise in the course of the Ministry’s work, and advise the Minister on all Legal matters.
- Draft agreements; analyze and review all legal documents, including drafted contracts and legal correspondence.
- Scrutinize Memoranda prior to submission to Parliamentary & Cabinet.
- Liaise with the Attorney-General’s Department on matters falling within the domain of the Ministry.
- Represent the Ministry in local and international negotiations.
- Prepare pleadings for cases involving the Ministry.
- Collate and submit quarterly reports & deliverables of the Division to the Chief Director, and the Monitoring and Evaluation Division.
- Ensure that investigations are conducted into reported cases of offences committed within the Ministry and its agencies.
- Manage performance of Divisional staff and conduct performance reviews.
Other responsibilities as may be directed by the Minister/Chief Director.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
successful candidate will present a superior combination of legal knowledge, experience & skill, and will have the following credentials:
1. Will be a Ghana Bar-qualified lawyer of not less than 15 years standing.
2. A Masters degree in a business discipline, or an LLM would be an advantage.
3. Proven experience, with at least ten (10) years at a senior level within the public or private sector.
4. A seasoned and dynamic professional who has effectively controlled the legal function and supervised several attorneys and other managers within a public or private sector entity with a strong corporate transactional bias.
5. Highly detail-oriented and analytical in addressing legal questions.
6. Ability to conduct high-level negotiations and strategic interface locally and internationally, with proven success at obtaining satisfying results.
7. Competency in planning, strategizing, directing, guiding and leading a qualified team of lawyers in executing legal assignments.
8. Smart quality assurance of proposals, reports, and official correspondence.
9. Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and ICT skills.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th Oct. 2021