Director, Institutional Research and Planning Office at University of Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: University of Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The University of Ghana, hereby, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position Director, Institutional Research and Planning Office, to take effect from 1st August 2023.
POSITION: DIRECTOR, INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH AND PLANNING OFFICE
REPORTING TO: Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research, Innovation and Development)
Reporting to the Pro Vice-Chancellor, (Research, Innovation and Development)
the main responsibility of the Director, Institutional Research and Planning is to oversee institutional data collection, reporting and management in support of strategic planning, assessment and benchmarking activities. The Director will provide information and analytic support to senior management to facilitate strategic planning, policy-making, resource allocation, enrolment management and other processes requiring sound strategic and quantitative analysis.
The position will require external liaisons at national, continental and international levels in order to advise senior decision makers with recommendations regarding submissions or input required by any of these constituencies and to conduct benchmarking.
The Director shall:
• Provide professional and technical services for effective strategic planning and management at the University of Ghana.
• Work closely with relevant units of the University to ensure that appropriate data warehouses are developed and maintained.
• Coordinate, integrate and execute appropriate institutional research and planning initiatives as determined by the strategic direction of the University
• Prepare short, medium and long term enrolment plans and monitor the University’s enrolment activities.
• Monitor, review and report broad industry trends in higher education regarding collection, analysis, and reporting practices to keep the University current with evolving national and international best practices.
• Initiate surveys and studies to answer questions relevant to the University and to keep the University informed about broad issues with respect to higher education.
• Prepare qualitative and quantitative analyses of data that focuses on cost- effectiveness of the University’s programmes and critical academic indicators relevant to higher education.
• Coordinate the preparation of data and compliance reports for internal and external reporting needs.
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicants must have:
• A good first degree as well as an advanced degree or an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant discipline with experience in institutional research and strategic planning.
• A minimum of fifteen (15) years’ post qualification experience, at least five of which should have been in a senior management position, with experience in research and analysis, academic administration, university planning and policy development.
• Awareness of funding and enrolment reporting in the higher education sector and their intersection with university policies and strategic direction.
• Competency in the use of a wide variety of ICT tools, including appropriate software for quantitative and qualitative data management and analysis.
• Understanding of processes involved in university decision processes, policy development and implementation.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with members of the University community.
• Knowledge about the management information systems of the University and a keen sense of data nuances in the Higher Education industry
The Director shall hold office for a period of four years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments Board to the University Council and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to four years.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to the Registrar, University of Ghana, through [email protected] (Electronic copy only). Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The application pack should be submitted as a single PDF file and should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
• An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
• A statement of about 2,500 words (not more than five pages) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its mission and vision. The UG strategic plan can be downloaded at: http://www.ug.edu.gh/pad/publication/ug-strategic-plan
Further information about the University of Ghana may be found on the University website at www.ug.edu.gh.
Applications should reach the Registrar through [email protected]
Closing Date: 23 December, 2022