Director for Institutional Matters and Programme Coordination at African Union
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: African Union
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
- Respect for Diversity and Team Work
- Think Africa Above all
- Transparency and Accountability
- Integrity and Impartiality
- Efficiency and Professionalism
- Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Secretary General
Directorate/Department :Institutional Matters and Programme Coordination
Division : Institutional Matters and Programme Coordination
Number of Direct Reports: 5
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: D1
Number of Positions: 01
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Accra, Ghana
Purpose of Job
Responsible for the operations of the entire directorate/department. Plan, develop and implement strategic policies while promoting inter- directorate/department collaboration. Provide technical and strategic advice to the Secretary General and to the AfCFTA Institutions by providing support to all technical directorates.
- Develop and oversee policy development guidelines.
- Prepare and oversee integrated programmes of overall activities of the organisation.
- Build and maintain a strategic plan to form good working relations with other directorate/department.
- Develop and maintain regular working relations with top level stakeholders in appropriate agencies of Member States and partners.
- Organise coordination meetings between the organisation and other relevant organisations.
- Ultimately responsible for preparing periodic financial and budget execution reports and annual financial statements and other reports.
- Oversee the collection of contributed funds to the organisation.
- Initiate and take necessary actions to collect funds of and for the African Union as a whole.
- Propose training programmes relating to programme designing and coordination.
- Promote awareness and training of best practices in area of expertise.
- Prepare periodic financial and budget execution reports and annual financial statements and other reports.
- Provide technical and strategic advice to the Secretary General and to the AfCFTA Institutions by providing support to all technical directorates. In addition, given the strategic importance of this position in carrying out the remaining AfCFTA negotiations, the Director shall have the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical and strategic advice to the Secretary General and to the AfCFTA Institutions;
- Advise the Secretary General on AfCFTA technical matters
- Design and develop innovative programs and projects to assist the State Parties & non-State Parties in the negotiation of outstanding issues
- Provide independent and objective appraisals and reviews of State Parties’ policies vis –a- vis the AfCFTA Agreement
- Support the Secretary General in Development and Management of Programs;
- Ensure Projects Execution
- Contribute to Capacity Development of the Institutions of AfCFTA
- Ensure daily management of the Activities of AfCFTA Institutions.
Academic Requirements And Relevant Experience
- Master’s Degree in Economics, International Development Policy, International Trade, International Trade Law or another appropriate related discipline. A higher qualification or an additional professional diploma will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible professional work experience out of which eight (8) years of this should be at managerial level managing professional staff in support of – or within – a national, regional, continental, or international organization.
- Experience as a negotiator or technical advisor in regional integration or trade negotiations is desirable.
- Experience with Trade capacity building or project management will be an added advantage.
- Management experience and ability to relate and facilitate interactions with others;
- Ability to think critically and solve problems;
- Ability to communication orally and in writing;
- Reports writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to organize and motivate others and to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Planning, organisational and reporting skills;
- Ability to negotiate diplomatically;
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority; with regard to performance management and professional development;
- Conscientious in observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Familiarity with international and regional policy processes and policy analysis in the relevant area; and
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish ), fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
- Developing Organizational Capability
Strategic Risk Management
Drives Accountability Culture
Communicating with impact
Job Knowledge and information sharing
Drive for Results
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th April. 2022