Director of Finance at Koforidua Technical University (KTU)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Koforidua Technical University (KTU)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Governing Council of Koforidua Technical University (KTU) announces for the information of interested candidates, vacancies for the positions of Vice-Chancellor, Registrar, Director of Finance and Librarian, and invites applications from qualified and competent persons for the positions which become vacant on 1st October, 2023.
Koforidua Technical University was established by an Act of Parliament, Act 922 (2016) and amended by Act 974 (2018). The vision of the University is to be providers of standard science and technology education, a center of excellence in applied research and a reference point for solutions to community problems; the mission of the University is to provide tertiary level technical education through the development of career-focused skills in collaboration with industry; and the core values of the University are innovation, integrity and impact.
The University currently has a total student population of 8,500 students and a total staff population of 651.
THE POSITION OF DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
• The Director of Finance is a top management person who heads a major division of the University, the Finance Office. He/she shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the Financial Administration of the University in accordance with the Public Management Act, 2016 (Act 922).
Qualification Required & Experience
Candidates seeking appointment to this position must:
• Be a Chartered Accountant and hold a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
• Be a member of a recognized professional accountancy body and in good standing.
• Have at least twelve (12) years post-professional accountancy experience in a tertiary institution, industry, or any relevant public service or corporate organization.
• Have served as a Deputy Director of Finance in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution/ organization for at least six (6) years.
In addition, applicants must:
• Be analytical, critical, result-oriented, innovative and visionary;
• Possess hands-on ability to work independently;
• Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills;
• Be a good team player
• Possess strong IT skills and familiarity with accounting software;
• Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines; and
• Possess proactive commercial flair.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Finance shall:
• Be the Chief Accounting Officer and the Chief Financial Advisor to the Vice -Chancellor;
• Have general responsibility of the financial affairs of the University that will ensure its financial health exercise direct superintendence over all accounting officers;
• Be responsible for collecting all legitimate revenue due to the University;
• Exercise control over expenditure in line with the University’s objectives and budgets;
• Be responsible for preparing the annual budget of the University for presentation to the appropriate governing body for approval and implementation;
• Be responsible for ensuring that the financial statements of the University are drawn up in accordance with the Technical Universities Act 2016, Act 992, the harmonized Statutes, applicable accounting standards and all other Regulations approved by the University as well as other relevant national laws and regulations;
• Liaise with the appointed external auditors to get the University’s financial statements audited.
TERM OF OFFICE
The Director of Finance shall hold office for four (4) years and may, upon application, be eligible for re-appointment for a further term only, provided that no part of the second term enters the compulsory retirement age.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Salary and fringe benefits attached to the position are attractive and will be specified in the letter of appointment.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please submit the following listed documents:
• Six (6) copies of Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae together with relevant supporting documents, and
• A Three-Page Vision Statement.
The application should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for Director of Finance of Koforidua Technical University”
• Applicants are to provide three referees details and should request that their three (3) referees submit report on them under seal and each should deliver separately to the address below.
The marked applications for each of the positions should reach any of the following addresses in both hard and soft copies not later than Monday, 21st August, 2023.
Search Committee for:
Director of Finance
C/o Head, Human Resources
Koforidua Technical University (KTU)
PO Box KF 981
Soft copies must be forwarded to
Closing Date: 21 August, 2023