Director, Education at Last Mile Health (LMH)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Last Mile Health (LMH)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all teachers and learners. Do you have a proven track record of designing and leading educational programs that strengthen community health systems? If so, you may be our next Director, Education.
The Director, Education will lead the education practice within the Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) department. The Director will collaborate with our country teams and government counterparts to design, develop, and implement programs to upskill the health workforce, and health systems leaders, and strengthen the community health systems that support this workforce. These programs include curriculum development, digital content delivery, in-person, digital, and blended learning strategy, workforce training, and workforce policy development. The Director, Education will serve as a key leader in designing a vision and strategy to effectively execute LMH’s Education Portfolio.
This position is only open to candidates who are Ghanian Nationals currently located in Ghana.
What You’ll Do
- Review and align the vision and strategy of the Education portfolio of work to LMH’s strategies inclusive of advising and developing a country-specific education strategy and work plan with country teams.
- Examine and align Last Mile Health’s approach to education, and how it adapts to country programs.
- Support the country offices and provide technical advice and capacity building as each develops a country-specific education and upskill agenda. This includes support during annual and quarterly planning, or in some cases, drafting strategies and work plans directly.
- Work with country teams to ensure that all education priorities are translated into projects, activities, and sub-activities that are adequately designed, have clear scopes of work, roles and responsibilities, and are properly resourced
- With support from the Manager, Education, establish and maintain necessary project management systems to ensure efficient and consistent reporting of education efforts across the organization.
- Support project management of all engagements to ensure timely execution, prioritization and reprioritization, and adequate resource application
- Establish clear accountabilities and link each activity to the team and organizational objectives, key results, and work plans.
- Work with the Clinical Excellence team on HSS to ensure the course delivery strategies and protocols align with clinical best practices.
- Work with the Digital Health team on HSS to implement e-learning solutions for upskilling the health workforce.
- Manage direct reports, other education/upskill staff or consultants, and working teams to deliver on the above activities.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, building knowledge, sharing experience, joint learning, and building capacity in countries
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders related to our education work, represent LMH externally, and bring an understanding of education in the context of other influence and advocacy agendas.
- Build a culture of learning, equity, and inclusion, and results in the working teams
What You’ll Bring
- A master’s degree in education, public health, or another relevant subject (e.g. leadership, management, or instructional learning design)
- Significant years of demonstrated experience in curriculum development, educational pedagogy, competency-based education, and workforce development, in low and middle-income countries.
- Several years of previous management experience, preferably with an integrated team of cross-cultural and remote staff members, managing a portfolio of projects and technical teams to accomplish those projects
- Experience with the technical components of education such as curriculum development, e-learning best practices, adult learning methodologies, interactive content development, active learning, training of trainers, etc.
- An adaptable mindset with the ability to effectively cope with change
- Experience in leading at least one new complex program, taking it from ‘start-up’ to ‘mature’
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have experience designing projects that support national community health programs or health services delivered at a community level
- You have experience building effective teams and are skilled at motivating and empowering staff members to achieve key performance indicators
- You possess strong influencing skills and have the ability to develop relationships with a variety of stakeholders
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to their identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st August. 2022