Director for Customs Administration (AfCFTA) at African Union
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: African Union
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
- Respect for Diversity and Team Work
- Think Africa Above all
- Transparency and Accountability
- Integrity and Impartiality
- Efficiency and Professionalism
- Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Deputy Secretary General
Directorate/Department : African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA)
Division : Customs Administration
Number of Direct Reports: 17
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: D1
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Accra, Ghana
Purpose of Job
Responsible for the operations of the entire directorate/department. Plan, develop and implement strategic policies while promoting inter- directorate/department collaboration. Provide technical and strategic advice to the Secretary General and to the AfCFTA’s Institutions by providing support to all technical directorates.
- Develop and maintain operating rules and procedures.
- Provide technical leadership and ensure efficient functioning of all Divisions.
- Ensure overall management of the directorate/department personnel, budget, performance, quality, discipline and training in conformity with relevant rules and procedures in force.
- Determine and execute the overall strategy of the directorate.
- Develop and oversee policy development guidelines.
- Prepare and oversee integrated programmes of overall activities of the directorate.
- Build and maintain a strategic plan to form good working relations with another directorate/department.
- Develop and maintain regular working relations with top level stakeholders in appropriate agencies of Member States and partners.
- Organize coordination meetings between the organization and other relevant organizations.
- Ultimately responsible for preparing periodic financial and budget execution reports and annual financial statements and other reports.
- Promote awareness and training of best practices in area of expertise.
- Prepare periodic financial and budget execution reports and annual financial statements and other reports.
- Develop Strategic Framework, Standard Operation Procedure that enhance trade facilitation and enforcement for Customs Cooperation
- Engage with State Parties, stakeholders and partners on custom matters and the implementation of trade facilitation measures
- Coordinate State Parties towards building efficient customs procedures, trade facilitation and transit systems
- Liaise with relevant national bodies on Custom cooperation and mutual administrative assistance
- Spearhead the establishment of modern data processing system to facilitate effective and efficient custom operation and transmission of trade data
- Lead the role of Secretariat for Sub-Committee on Trade Facilitation, customs cooperation and Transit and other relevant meetings on Customs
- Monitor and report on the implementation of the AfCFTA Agreement on Customs
- Lead activities related to the establishment of a continental Customs Union
- Determine and execute Directorate strategy and align to the AfCFTA overall Strategy
Academic Requirements And Relevant Experience
- University Master’s degree in international trade, development economics, international relations, international business, international law, Political Science or relevant discipline
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible professional work experience in profession related to trade in Service, regulation of foreign investment, trade law, international negotiations, intellectual property rights, cross border barriers, transnational corporate law and practice out of which eight (8) years of this should be at managerial level managing professional staff in support of – or within – a national, regional, continental, or international organization.
- Management experience and ability to relate and facilitate interactions with others;
- Ability to think critically and solve problems;
- Ability to communication orally and in writing;
- Reports writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to organize and motivate others and to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Planning, organizational and reporting skills;
- Ability to negotiate diplomatically;
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority; with regard to performance management and professional development;
- Conscientious in observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Familiarity with international and regional policy processes and policy analysis in the relevant area; and
- Proficiency in one of the AU Official working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish), fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Developing Organizational Capability …..
Change Leadership ….
- Strategic Risk Management
Drives Accountability Culture:
Communicating with impact:
Job Knowledge and information sharing..
Drive for Results
- Fosters Innovation
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th November, 2022