Director for Customs Administration (AfCFTA) at African Union
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: African Union
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Purpose of Job
• Responsible for the operations of the entire directorate/department. Plan, develop and implement strategic policies while promoting inter- directorate/department collaboration. Provide technical and strategic advice to the Secretary General and to the AfCFTA Institutions.
• Develop and maintain operating rules and procedures.
• Provide technical leadership and ensure efficient functioning of all Divisions.
• Ensure overall management of the directorate/department personnel, budget, performance, quality, discipline and training in conformity with relevant rules and procedures in force.
• Determine and execute the overall strategy of the directorate.
• Develop and oversee policy development guidelines.
• Prepare and oversee integrated programmes of overall activities of the directorate.
• Build and maintain a strategic plan to form good working relations with other directorates/departments.
• Develop and maintain regular working relations with top level stakeholders in appropriate agencies of Member States and partners.
• Organize coordination meetings between the organization and other relevant organizations.
• Ultimately responsible for preparing periodic financial and budget execution reports and annual financial statements and other reports.
• Promote awareness and training of best practices in area of expertise.
• Develop Strategic Framework, Standard Operation Procedures that enhance trade facilitation and enforcement for Customs Cooperation
• Engage with State Parties, stakeholders and partners on custom matters and the implementation of trade facilitation measures
• Coordinate State Parties towards building efficient customs procedures, trade facilitation and transit systems
• Liaise with relevant national bodies on Custom cooperation and mutual administrative assistance
• Spearhead the establishment of modern data processing systems to facilitate effective and efficient custom operation and transmission of trade data
• Lead the Secretariat services for Directors-General/ Heads of Customs Committee and the Sub-Committee on Trade Facilitation, Customs Cooperation and Transit and other relevant meetings on Customs
• Monitor and report on the implementation of the customs-related provisions of the AfCFTA Agreement including the Annexes on Customs Cooperation, Trade Facilitation and Transit, administration of Rules of Origin, and resolution of related non-tariff barriers
• Lead activities related to the establishment of the African Continental Customs Union
• Determine and execute Directorate strategy and align to the AfCFTA overall Strategy
Qualification Required & Experience
• University Master’s degree in international trade, development economics, international relations, international business, international law, Political Science or relevant discipline A minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible professional work experience in professions related to Customs Administration, Trade Facilitation, Transit, Administration of Rules of Origin, and Resolution of related Non-Tariff Barriers, at national, regional economic community, continental or international level
• out of which eight (8) years should be at managerial level managing professional staff in support of or within a national, regional, continental, or international institution.
• Management experience and ability to relate and facilitate interactions with others;
• Ability to think critically and solve problems;
• Ability to communication orally and in writing;
• Report writing and presentation skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to organize and motivate others and to work in a multi-cultural environment;
• Planning, organizational and reporting skills;
• Ability to negotiate diplomatically;
• Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority; with regard to performance management and professional development;
• Conscientious in observing deadlines and achieving results;
• Familiarity with international and regional policy processes and policy analysis in the relevant areas; and
• Proficiency in one of the AU Official working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish), fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 08th March, 2023