Director of Communications at Canonical
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Canonical
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Director of Communications: the person who will redefine the perception of open source in the enterprise. Canonical, the publisher of Ubuntu and a leader in open source solutions and services, is writing the next chapter of its growth story: offering the widest open source portfolio, redefining its corporate image and becoming a public company. We are looking for an exceptional storyteller, tech enthusiast and writer to drive Canonical brands and influence along this journey.
Ubuntu is used by millions of developers from Calcutta to California, a name associated with productivity, security and ease of use. Our communications team is crafting the narrative for the Canonical brand and its portfolio of products, shaping our responses to industry events and trends, providing strategic input to executives on a range of industry and public relations topics. This role reports to the VP of marketing and manages a team of press relations, analyst relations and social media professionals.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from any country across EMEA.
- Define Canonical’s corporate and product portfolio narrative
- Lead a team of professionals and agencies to bring this story to life
- Orchestrate message across channels (AR, PR, social…) to drive awareness
- Build credibility and relevance across the business and enterprise
- Foster passion and engagement across developer and open source communities
- Experience of leadership and mentoring in a multi-channel comms team
- Story telling that weaves corporate and product portfolio narratives
- The ability to motivate and influence at all levels of the organisation
- Personal engagement with journalists, analysts, investors and executives
- The vision to lead on brand awareness and thought leadership
- Passion for technology and technology evangelism
- Excellent academic results, with Bachelor’s or equivalent in Communications, Humanities, or STEM
- Commitment to continuous learning, feedback and improvement
- Engagement with the latest innovations in communications
The communications team operates across technologies, verticals and regions, from operating systems to SAAS, from telco to automotive, from silicon vendors to systems Integrators. They build brand awareness and thought leadership while maintaining cohesion and consistency in messaging and tone of voice across channels.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to shape an iconic brand, company and products
- Influence in the open source community
- An inclusive work environment
- Flexibility to work remotely from home
- Personal learning and development budget
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Priority Pass for for International travel
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world’s best free software platform. Our services help businesses worldwide reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th April, 2023