Deputy Secretary General (AfCFTA) at African Union
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: African Union
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Purpose of Job
To coordinate the performance and delivery of the AfCFTA Secretariat programmes and ensure high performance results and impact. The Deputy Secretary general will assist and deputize the Secretary General in delivering his/her mandate.
- Advise and support the Secretary General in the management of the Secretariat
- Provide practical management and visionary leadership.
- Facilitates the identification of top priorities for the senior leadership of the AfCFTA’s mandate.
- Translates the senior leadership priorities into annual targets and goals and establishes a robust organization-wide framework for monitoring and tracking progress.
- Provides regular reports to the Secretary General on portfolio and Service delivery.
- Monitors and tracks progress in the delivery of the AfCFTA’s annual goals.
- Ensure effective collaboration in program development with AfCFTA institutions, AU Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD), CUA.
- Collaborates with other members of the senior leadership team to ensure strategic coherence and overall synergy in the implementation of the AfCFTA programme and the delivery of high impact results for the continent.
- Cultivates a knowledge management culture through promotion of research and publications that will ensure knowledge sharing and transfer across the Commission; and;
- Drives performance and delivery across the AfCFTA ’s senior management and inspires high performance, teamwork and delivery across the portfolio.
Academic Requirements And Relevant Experience
Master’s degree in International Trade, Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Law, Finance, Management. International Relations or a related field from a recognized institution with Fifteen (15) years of relevant professional experience with at least ten (10) years served in a senior management role preferably in an inter-governmental organization or national government/public service, international or regional institution, and a minimum of five (5) years of direct supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience with strategic vision and proven skills in managing complex organizations at the national, regional or international level;
- Demonstrated record of setting clear standards for accountability, probity, value for money and risk management and zero tolerance to fraud and corruption; for ensuring sound and transparent financial management; and delivering continuous improvement, impact, efficiency and effectiveness;
- Demonstrated intellectual leadership, creativity and proven ability to propose new ideas and lead on new ways of working across silos in a complementary and synergistic way for a prosperous and peaceful Africa;
- Proven track record of change management and accomplishments at the regional, national or international level with strong resource mobilization, political and diplomatic skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-cultural team and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization;
- Proven ability to inspire, encourage, build trust and confidence and build consensus, stimulate effective campaigns and drive collective action among a broad spectrum of people and organizations.
- Developing Organizational Capability
Strategic Risk Management
Drives Accountability Culture
- Learning Orientation
Communicating with impact
Job Knowledge and information sharing
Drive for Results
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The Appointment will be made on a regular contract with a fixed term duration of four (4) years of which the first twelve (12) months will be considered as a probationary period. The term in office can be renewable once subject to satisfactory performance.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 100,017 .00 (D2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 27,290.88.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than April 17, 2023
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th April, 2023