Deputy Resident Advisor at JSI Research & Training Institute
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: JSI Research & Training Institute
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is dedicated to improving people’s lives around the world through greater health, education, and socioeconomic equity for individuals and communities, and to providing an environment where people of passion can pursue this cause.
JSI is currently seeking an outstanding Deputy Resident Advisor (D-RA) for the ongoing portfolio of activities on the Country Health Information System and Data Use (CHISU) global cooperative agreement funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
• CHISU is a 5-year program designed to enhance host country capacity to produce high-quality health information, to optimally manage this information, and to institutionalize evidence-based decision-making.
• The program works with USAID- supported host country health managers, health workers, and other stakeholders to strengthen the enabling environment of health information management and strategic planning in order to: improve harmonization of fragmented information systems, reduce duplication of data collection, and improve monitoring and tracking of a country’s own health trends and priorities.
• The D-RA will support the coordination of CHISU’s technical support to the Ghana Health Service (GHS) to strengthen the health information system, integrated disease surveillance and response, strengthening of the national HIS – District Health Information Management System version -2 (DHMIS2), and data security. Under the guidance of the RA, he/she will lead technical engagement with stakeholders including other USAID implementing partners (IP).
• The D-RA will provide technical leadership to the CHISU technical teams (national and regional), collaborate with the leadership of the Ghana Health Service in pursuance of the Government of Ghana’s HIS priorities and the strategic objectives of the CHISU program.
• The D-RA must demonstrate leadership in the areas of health information systems (HIS), digital health and data analytics, have depth and breadth of technical expertise, interpersonal skills, professional relationships, creativity, and emotional intelligence. As D-RA of CHISU team in Ghana, he or she must support the RA in ensuring that the diverse global project goals and objectives are fulfilled. The D-RA will support the RA in coordinating in-country technical activities undertaken by the program and ensure full implementation of approved activities with support from a backstopping team at CHISU HQ. This is a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana.
• Support CHISU activities in Ghana and ensure all activities are coordinated according to approved scopes of work and work plans.
• Support the development of innovative approaches resulting in improved demand and use of health data and information to address health priorities, gaps and challenges.
• Work with the national, regional, and district health management teams, and USAID IPs to increase the availability of routinely collected data to support evidence-based recommendations for improving the quality of reporting in DHIMS-2.
• Support GHS to conduct Data Quality Audits and Data Verification Reviews.
• Support USAID Ghana and IPs on HIS data needs and reports at the national level and in selected USAID priority regions.
• Support the development of standard operating procedures and provide mentoring to GHS staff to improve data collection, data quality and use at each level of the health system.
• Support the identification of opportunities for collaboration with other stakeholders in the digital health and HIS spaces.
• Perform other assigned functions relevant to CHISU Ghana as required by the RA.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Advanced degree (Master’s level) in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Informatics, Biostatistics, Strategic Management, or other relevant field.
• At least 5-10 years experience in disease surveillance and reporting, HIS, M&E, data quality assessments, digital health, and related areas, at a leadership level with a health or health related international NGO or bilateral/multilateral organization is required.
• Experience strengthening HIS and introducing innovative approaches for HIS interoperability and integration, in other countries, preferably in West Africa, is required.
• Experience in the development and operations of robust technology solutions in a public health environment is required.
• Fluency in English is required.
• Experience with adult training approaches and excellent workshop facilitation skills is advantageous.
• Excellent interpersonal and people management skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with host country counterparts, USAID, WHO, consultants, other donors and international organizations, and program colleagues is required.
• A team player but also able to work independently and to manage various projects on a daily basis with minimal supervision is required.
• Ability to travel within and outside Ghana as required by the position is preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Method of ApplicationQualified persons are required to send their cover letter and resume (CV) marked "Positive Youth Development Technical Advisor" to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 03 November, 2023
JSI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply