Deputy Chief of Party- Operations (DCOPO) at Chemonics
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Chemonics
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Deputy Chief of Party- Operations (DCOPO) | Accra, Ghana | 2023
Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party-operations for the anticipated USAID Strengthening Regional Peace and Stability in West Africa Program. The project aims to acquire technical services to assist USAID/West Africa Regional Peace and Governance Office (RPGO) support the efforts of West Africans to address the risks of instability from democratic backsliding and from conflict, and prioritize targeted conflict and violence prevention, peacebuilding, and preventing and countering of violent extremism (P/CVE) interventions across the sub-region. The deputy chief of party-operations will manage the day-to-day operations and administration — including the program procurement, operational systems, and logistics — of the offices in Ghana, Mauritania, and Nigeria, as well as the field presence of the program implementation units. This position will be based in Accra, GhanaWe are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Supervises program facilities (office space, equipment, and program vehicles) and in administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, and financial accounting
- Ensures that program implementation is in accordance with USAID regulations and procedures and the specifications determined in the scope of work; monitors grantee qualifications and capabilities, ensuring that all procurement processes are perceived as transparent by beneficiary communities, assuring fair and transparent procurement processes, review of financial management, and monitoring grant implementation
- Maintains a strong grasp of the program and is prepared to step in, as needed, to support the chief of party and other program staff in activity development; stays apprised of the evolution of the local political, legal, and economic situations and how to adapt the program accordingly
- Minimum of seven years of relevant work experience on donor-funded programs in a related role, and in managing an office or program, preferably with a grants and technical assistance component
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience of culturally and geographically diverse staff in sub-Saharan Africa, preferably West Africa
- Formal qualifications in office management, accounting, business, or other relevant area
- Prior experience on USAID program startups; experience establishing operations in Sub-Saharan Africa preferred
- Experience with remote management in fluid, unstable environments and in devising logistic and administrative solutions
- Experience providing ethics reviews and managing compliance on grants and subcontracting in technical assistance programs
- Proven experience creating an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace, leading by example
- Fluent in Chemonics’ and USAID’s policies and procedures regarding administrative processes; human resources; financial management and reporting; office setup and management; and procurement processes, systems, and grant management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills suitable to a multicultural, international environment
- Sound understanding of security approaches and procedures in a fluid, variable risk context
- Fluency in English and French is required; proficiency in regional languages and Arabic is desirable but not required
Method of ApplicationPlease send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Deputy Chief of Party-Operations” in the subject line [email protected] by April 30, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.