Demand Planning Lead at Guinness
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Guinness
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Demand Planning Lead – Africa is responsible for embedding standardization and implementation of initiatives to achieve an outstanding Demand Planning function across the African countries.
Join our Demand Planning Team
As the home of iconic brands such as Baileys, Guinness, Smirnoff, and Johnnie Walker, at Diageo we source, produce and deliver 6.5 billion litres of world-leading products every year across 180 markets globally. Because of this huge undertaking, we rely on highly advanced systems as well as the very best talent to make sure our businesses continue to run smoothly.
To give you some idea of the scale of our operation, over half of our 30,000 employees work in our supply chains. We have teams in over 100 sites across more than 30 countries, but what matters is that wherever you work, you’re part of a diverse, inclusive team where there are opportunities for everyone.
Whether you work in planning, logistics, technical teams or manufacturing, you’ll be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation. We set ourselves the highest standards, and our practices have earned us international recognition. And it’s people with energy, dedication and problem-solving skills who’ll help us get even better. In return, we offer a world of opportunities for you to explore, to shape and progress your career.
You will be responsible for:
- Pro-actively works with the S&OP Manager and the IBP Leads, being responsible for the statistical forecast and highlighting deviations to the shipment and/or depletion trends.
- Use and maintain the APO software as the primary forecasting system tool
- Collaborate with IBP Lead on all forecast history cleaning activities including detailing adjustments and assumptions (market trends, seasonality, promotions).
- Maintain statistical parameters for “best fit” model & generate a baseline at least 18 month rolling.
- Maintain APO master data including CVC creation, disaggregation factors and attributes.
- Analyse outliers through appropriate reports and make corrections.
- Provide reports and insights to collaborators to improve the use of baseline forecast.
- Build the S&OP pre-read packs as per the codification formats.
- Update Tier critical metric slides on weekly and monthly basis for assigned markets
- Collaborate with IBP Leads to conduct root cause analysis to identify drivers of forecast error and work together to take the vital corrective action to drive continuous improvement in forecast accuracy and bias performance.
- Regular review of codification progress through verification tracking. Ensure rigorous adherence to business processes and interactions with CoE
- Analyse performance issues and define specific improvement actions and plans by country to address these, ensuring plans are followed-up and implemented
- Drive action plans to completion in pilot markets where OnePlan have been launched already as defined
- Provide regular status updates to the market key customers and
- Ensure successful delivery of the implementation timelines for S&OP improvement roadmap as agreed with Africa FD and exec.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Proven capability in driving continuous improvement within end-to-end supply chains.
- Expert understanding of Demand Planning and S&OP Processes and associated Diageo systems (i.e. SAP APO Demand Planning module).
- Strong customer engagement skills.
- High degree of quantitative and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
- Customer centric mind set.
- Proficient in MS applications e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
- Master’s in industrial engineering or Business Administration.
- Institute of Business Forecasting & Planning CPF (Certified Professional Forecaster) qualification.
Working with Us
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Join us and you can also expect a highly competitive and flexible rewards and benefits package including:
- Contemporary work life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- On site gym or subsidised gym membership
- Contributary pension scheme
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family
- On site nursery or vouchers
- Annual bonus of circa 10% of your base salary (dependent on performance)
- Share options
- Generous holiday entitlement
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
We’re looking for people with creativity, boldness and a sense of purpose to take Diageo and our timeless, pioneering brands to the next level.
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th November, 2022