IT Demand Engineer at GDS Africa
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: GDS Africa
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job:
Demand engineer’s role is to execute activities related to the integration of software programs and applications into organizational information systems, in the areas
- IT related nodes with in GSM space
- Mobile financial service
Responsibility includes the documentation and working with 3rd party systems and applications vendors. Ensuring quality and timely delivery of integration task.
- Highly dynamic and competitive telecommunication industry
- Innovation driven industry
- Global technology trends and advancements
- Approved IT Standards and Practices
- Diverse Cultural environment
- Regionalization structure implication
- Performance driven environment
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA’s)
- Collaborate with technology team members, end users, and other stakeholders in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Ensure that any new software integration into the organization systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and other specifications.
- Coordinate with 3rd party vendors and internal stakeholders for successful testing (SAT, IAT and UAT) integration projects
- Coordinate with 3rd party vendors and internal stakeholders for successful go-live following policy
- Documenting all integration project implementation activities to ensure smooth support of the business
- Performing other tasks that may be assigned to the post, based on the job requirement.
- Line Manager -Manager IS Demand
- Direct Reports, Not Applicable
- Matrix Reports, Not Applicable
- Key Customers, Manager IS demand, Senior Manager Service Delivery, Other IS Departments, Marketing, All other Divisions
- Key Suppliers, Other IS Departments, All other Divisions
- Relations, etc. All other Divisions
- Computer Engineer / Computer Science Degree.
- Possessing ITIL and other software and system certification
- 2 years of relevant IT experience
- Telecoms experience necessary
- Sound knowledge of GSM and Telecom Elements.
- Application Architecture and System Integration
- knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Good knowledge in database administration, policies and procedures
- Knowledge in programming language, software application installation and administration
- Good knowledge in the following systems: VB6/.NET, Oracle and SQL Script.
- Good knowledge in UNIX/LINUX System Administration
- Very Good Knowledge System integration & Architecture design
- Very Good knowledge of product and service life cycle
- Very Good knowledge OSS,BSS,MFS and ICT
- Very good knowledge Customer Management process and Systems
Skills / physical competencies:
- Commitment to the Organization
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Customer Focus
- Taking the Initiative
- Analytical Thinking, Problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Team building abilities
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Ability to think and articulate thoughts logically
- Ability to Multitask
- Team Player
This position is for a 12 month rolling contract, to be extended based on performance.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th Jan, 2023