Dean of Students at Design & Technology Institute (DTI)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Design & Technology Institute (DTI)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• To provide an enabling learning environment for the care, guidance and welfare of students overall stay at the Institute.
Management and Leadership
• Direct, manage and supervise the Dean of Students’ Office and all programs reporting to that office.
• Put in place mechanisms for the assessment of student performance so as to be able to provide the needed coaching and counselling.
• Ensure the orderly organization of all student activities within DTI.
• Build a disciplined environment ensuring that students comply with all laid down rules and regulations.
• Ensure that every student has a copy of the DTI Student Handbook and is familiar with its contents.
• Lead and work with the hostel tutor (s) in ensuring all hostel requirements and needs are met.
• Take appropriate steps to ensure students welfare and well-being at all times.
• Plan and coordinate the implementation of a detailed student orientation programme to ensure students settle into their new routines seamlessly.
• Pro-actively engage management and advocate for the introduction of activities that promote student welfare and well-being.
• Ensure that all students’ accommodation needs are addressed in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Liaise with the Facilities Manager to ensure students maintain health and safety protocols in their hostels/ residences.
• Handle emergency and crisis situations that pertain to students and campus life.
• Ensure that students are not subjected to any form of physical, sexual, psychological or verbal harassment or abuse by their colleagues, staff members or service providers.
• Establish and communicate to the students mechanisms for reporting any concerns relating to their well-being.
• Bring any abuse of a student to the attention of the Head of Institute immediately such abuse occurs for the necessary investigations to be conducted and appropriate sanctions applied, where necessary.
• Be accessible to explain issues to students where they have difficulty with either academic or other social issues.
• Obtain relevant support for students who are struggling with the course work once this challenge is highlighted.
• Facilitate the resolution of issues between Management and the student body.
• Monitor student attendance at lectures and other Institute programs to ensure regularity of attendance and punctuality.
• Counsel Students or direct them to the appropriate quarters for the relevant counselling support and assistance when needed.
• Maintain regular and appropriate communication with parents and teachers to keep abreast with students’ performance and other challenges.
• Ensure timely resolution of all conflicts between students and their teachers, colleagues and parents/guardians.
• Be responsible for the development and regular review of the DTI Youth Protection Policy.
• Keep abreast with all Youth Protection risks, policies and procedures as well as local laws and regulations relating to youth protection.
• Maintain the highest ethical standards in all relationships and dealings with the students.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Internal: Head of Institute, Students and Teachers, Facilities Manager, Registrar, School Matron
External: Parents, Community Leaders, Service Providers, Program Organizers.
Qualification Required & Experience
The ideal candidate should have:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with at least 8-10 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• A Master’s Degree in a social science subject would be an added advantage.
• Be conversant with student learning.
• Strategy development and implementation.
• Formulation of policies and procedures.
• Budget preparation skills.
• Sound knowledge of regulatory environment
• Good knowledge of student support programs and services
• Employee development and performance management skills.
• Crisis intervention techniques
• Strong Leadership and Managerial skills.
• Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
• Strong resource management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Composure in emergency situations
• Independent judgement
Method of ApplicationAll CV’s and applications letters are to be submitted electronically to:
All applicants should clearly state the role they are applying for in the subject of the email and application letter.
Closing Date: 23 June, 2023