Data Visualization and Mapping Specialist, USAID West Africa PELA II at Panagora Group
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Panagora Group
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
As a prime contractor under USAID’s EVAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract, Panagora Group seeks an experienced Data Visualization and Mapping Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Peace through Evaluation, Learning and Adaptation II (PELA II) Activity. This activity is designed to enhance USAID’s effectiveness in preventing and countering violent extremism, peacebuilding, and strengthening democracy, human rights, and good governance by strengthening the Mission’s implementation of programs; coordination of its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism in the West Africa region.
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
The Data Visualization and Mapping Specialist will lead implementation of the Activity’s communications strategy and incorporate various communications tools, including geographic information services (GIS) and data visualization products, to effectively communicate data and research outcomes, convey the accomplishments, challenges, and objectives of USAID/West Africa’s CVE and peace promotion programming, and relay other key data and knowledge to decision makers.
This is a long-term position based in Accra, Ghana.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead implementation of the overall data communications strategy of the Activity
- Identify and plan GIS and data visualization priorities in collaboration with the technical team, including integrating GIS across monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning activities.
- Supervise the implementation of spatial and non-spatial analysis and generate respective cartographic and/or information visualization products
- Collaboratively develop strategies to use GIS data outputs, infographics, analytics, and data visualization into various content and product delivery
- Review and provide technical guidance on Activity infographics, charts, maps, and other visual content for proposals, publications, marketing materials, and other documents
- Produce content for reports, events, success stories, multi-media materials, and other communication products, individually or in collaboration with others
- Develop and/or translate informational and learning materials, which may include summarizing research and evaluation reports to make them more accessible and understandable for a wider range of audiences.
- Coordinate ongoing communications, workflows, and approvals with clients and key stakeholders as needed
- Ensure USAID-compliant branding and marking
- Other duties as assigned by the Research Director or designated supervisor
- Master’s degree in communications, geographic information systems, spatial analysis, or social science that emphasizes GIS and data visualization
- Minimum 6 years of experience leading GIS/data analytics and developing communications strategies to relay data, research, and findings within international development organizations, preferably for USAID
- Experience in research, data analysis, communications and/or other program support in the context of countering violent extremism and promoting peace and stability strongly desired
- Proven ability to organize, summarize, and rewrite technical information for non-expert audiences
- Demonstrated experience with development and implementation of communication strategies
- Thorough knowledge of USAID reporting, branding, and marking policies
- Demonstrated experience utilizing software for data visualization and GIS, such as ESRI ArcGIS, R, D3, Quantum GIS, Tableau, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs, and webinar platforms (e.g., Adobe Connect, WebEx, Skype for Business).
- Familiarly with USAIDs program cycle (ADS 201), current ADS related to Information Resources Management and Evaluation Policy preferred
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing and mentoring staff, preferably in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting.
- Experience with USAID/West Africa regional mission is preferred
- Local nationals and those with extensive work experience in West Africa, including Niger, Chad, Cameroon, and Burkina Faso are strongly encouraged to apply
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English and in French
To Apply: Please fill out the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th July. 2022