Data Center Facility/ BMS Engineer (Level 2) at MainOne
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: MainOne
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Data Center Facility & BMS Engineer will be responsible for capacity planning and upgrade, ability to plan, and upgrade systems within the infrastructure.
Other responsibilities will include;
- Carrying out troubleshooting and diagnoses of failed critical equipment and determine root cause of equipment failure, take first-line corrective action to restore the equipment and ensure reliability improvement of same equipment.
- Innovate, Implement, and practice energy savings and reduce the cost of operation.
- Evaluate new products and technologies to ensure efficient and effective infrastructure delivery
- Provide direction for the day to day operations and monitoring of the Data Center electrical & mechanical components such as CHILLERS, CRAC/CRAH VESDA & FM200, Access Control, CCTV, Water Leakage Detection etc.
- Performing, supervising, scheduling Corrective Maintenance in the Data Centers and change management
- Second level troubleshooting and resolution of Mechanical and Electrical related faults relating to Generators, Chillers, HPAC/CRAC units, secondary Pumps, Extractor fans, UPS, AVR etc.
- Ensures preventative and predictive maintenance program is implemented and followed throughout with support vendors as planned
- Maintain adequate records for undergoing operational audits both internal as well as external
- Facility vendor/Contractor supervision.
- Ensure proper and effective housekeeping within the facility
- Ability to monitor the delivery of service especially by 3rd party vendors rendered to customers
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Transferable experience of at least 4 years
- The capability of creating, understanding and interpreting Single Line Diagrams with the view of resolving second level electrical issues.
- Good Knowledge of BMS server, DCIM Server, NVR, CHILLERS, CRAH/CRAC, VESDA & FM200, Access Control, CCTV Systems, HVAC Systems, intrusion detection System
- Excellent second level ability to troubleshoot Mechanical and Electrical systems faults within the DC infrastructure.
- Good Technical Knowledge of various Electrical and Mechanical Distribution and sub systems
- Capacity planning change management and ability to develop MOP for all change and plan upgrade within the infrastructure.
- Strong team player
- Strong organizational skills and innovative problem-solving abilities.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills, multitasking with an ability to interact with a wide range of people and be a Good Team player.
- Excellent logical reasoning and troubleshooting skills
- B-Eng. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- ITIL Certification and any relevant Facility Management/BMS/DCIM certification will be added advantage.
Demands of the Job
Ability and willingness to work efficiently with or without supervision
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th Dec. 2021