Data Analysts at Systems for Development
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Systems for Development
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Systems for Development, a US-based leading consultancy firm focused on transforming organizational performance through sustainable information and communication technology, seeks Data Analysts in anticipation of an upcoming project on Data Production and Use. The Data Analysts will be responsible for supporting the design and implementation of the MoH/GHS database systems to support various supply chain functions. S/He will participate in the design review process and recommend improvement.
- Gather pertinent information and organize it in a logical and functional manner.
- Consult with both data architect and engineer to determine what data needs to be included in the database system and find the best ways to organize and store this information.
- Create flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate how the data will be sorted and stored.
Design and Implement Databases
- Support the design and implementation of the MoH/GHS database system
- Facilitate development of MoH/GHS Supply Chain Database Architecture
- Work with Subject Matter Expert to interpret end user requirements into both the data management strategy and architecture
- Ensure all key data sets are embedded in the data structure
- Support establishment of data use culture in MoH/GHS
Test and Secure Databases
- Perform tests before databases are launched
- Conduct periodic testing on existing systems to ensure they are performing satisfactorily.
- Support establishment of security systems to prevent the information contained in the database from being accessed by unauthorized users.
- Design and maintain data systems and databases; this includes fixing coding errors and other data-related problems.
- Mine data from primary and secondary sources and reorganize it in a format that can be easily read by either human or machine.
- Use statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- Demonstrate the significance of MoH/GHS data design in the context of local, national, and global public health supply chain trends that impact both MoH/GHS and industry.
- Prepare reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Collaborate with architect, engineer, and SME to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
- Create appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary.
Qualification Required & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred in Computer Science, Statistics, or any quantitative field).
- Have a solid understanding of relational databases, and the applications and programs used by those databases.
- Two (2) years of experience in data design and analysis
- Work on Python libraries, including Matplotlib, NumPy, Pandas, etc.
- Background in data analysis and interpretation
- Ability to collate/collect data using the scripting language
- Skilled in tuning applications or conduct query performance
- Ability to model data to assist ad hoc or pre-defined reporting
- Analyze problems and communicate findings with the team or stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of technology trends across IT and digital and how they can be applied to companies to address real world problems and opportunities
- Team oriented and collaborative working style, both with clients and those within the organization
- Growth mindset, positive attitude & strong interest to solve client challenges, adapt to a changing work environment & deal with new issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV - Click Here to Continue and Apply
Closing Date : 22 Oct. 2021