Customs, Excise & Trade Compliance Junior Manager at Guinness
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Guinness
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose –Celebrating life, every day, everywhere–has a significant role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we build shared value.
About The Role
This role is primarily responsible for driving trade compliance excellence in adherence to applicable regulations pertaining to global trade particularly in African countries as well as ensuring compliance with Diageo’s Policies and Standards. The role will support the African Trade Compliance Head in over sighting customs and excise issues in coordination with the in-market teams.
The role will also support the Global Trade Compliance team on cross-regional projects and initiatives focused on simplification, automation and standardization of ways of working, including support to the broader Group Tax to ensure compliance across the business.
- Be responsible to develop, implement and supervise local processes following global standards set by the Global Tax team.
- Support the Regional Head of Trade Compliance in analysing and interpreting government regulations, taking actions in highlighting potential needs to process change.
- Advise on trade compliance matters arising from pre or post-clearance, customs classification, free trade agreements and other functions within Diageo; work with external advisors where the interpretation or best resolution is unclear.
- Bring up critical issues arising from pre and post-entry audits and propose corrective actions required; work together with Global Tax Compliance team on long term corrective actions to detailed issues.
- Support Regional Head Trade Compliance team in identifying and delivering local projects about cost reduction and / or cost avoidance;
- Coordinate risk management process for the region, aligned with Diageo’s Global Risk Management Standards and supported by the Global Trade Compliance team;
- Support the Regional Head during official customs audits carried out in the markets which require regional / global support; be prepared to collaborate closely with Customs Authorities where vital;
- Assist with the implementation of new programs such as AEO or related compliance programs in African countries;
- Support with CARM controls and GAR audits for the region;
- Support with digitization and transformation projects, seeing opportunities for automation and applying technology to regional trade compliance matters where possible.
- Support Regional Trade Compliance team in delivering training on trade compliance matters to various departments across African markets, promoting a culture of trade compliance within the employees.
What You’ll Bring
- Global Trade governance experience
- Handling risk and looking after enquiries and audits from customs and excise authorities
- 5-7 years of experience within a Global Trade/Supply function in a global multinational company is an advantage
- Experience of providing domestic and cross border technical advice
- Effective project management and implementation skills
- Good team working and interpersonal skills across diverse cultures
Benefits Of Working Here
- Unique Family Leave opportunity
- We work without border – you will work with people from all over the world
- You will deal with world class brand portfolio
- Wide variety of thematic events, afterwork activities organized by employee communities
- Product Allowance to purchase company products from the staff shop
- We won the Fittest Workplace Award, of course we have a Gym
- Urban legend is true, we do have a Rooftop Bar
Inclusion & Diversity
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity!
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings!
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th Feb, 2024