Country Program Coordinator (Management Role) at Mastercard Foundation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful
If you are an experienced Country program professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Country, the Country Program Coordinator (CPC) will support the Country Head in the delivery on the Young Africa Works Country Roadmap, including the development of country programs, implementation work, reporting and stakeholder management. The CPC will deputize for the Country Head for internal and external situations.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Scan the horizon for innovative approaches to support delivery of Young Africa Works roadmap; conceptualize translation opportunities in collaboration with Country program staff.
- Manage the process for negotiating and formalizing new programs.
- Coordinate review and follow up to letters of interest, concept notes, and proposals – provide clear, concise, and insightful written analyses and recommendations.
- As a key advisor to the Country Head, contribute to the continued evolution of the Country Road map; organize annual/periodic reviews of the road map.
- Lead implementation of assigned country programs portfolio, end-to-end, including annual/periodic budget development and review, implementation work planning, execution of activities and all reporting requirements
- Monitor assigned country programs portfolio through day-to-day. coordination, analysis and review of qualitative /quantitative information, field visits and periodic and structured engagements with the implementing partner(s).
- Lead annual/periodic review for assigned country programs portfolio; capture and synthesize key learnings for cross sharing/dissemination.
- Draft sections of key documents, reports, and presentations for a variety of purposes and audiences, summarizing developments and lessons learned from country programs.
- Support and ensure country program team are providing technical and oversite support to partners on the ground.
- Lead an effective knowledge management approach, which includes documenting the evolution of the roadmap and helping to surface and frame lessons learned for incorporation in future strategic choices.
- Lead Team to deliver high quality interactions and clear and consistent communications with stakeholders and partners. Including site visits, providing strategic thought partnership, joint planning, coordination and convening meetings of key stakeholders.
- Represent the Foundation to key program-related external stakeholders, in forums related to Foundation’s areas of work.
- Effectively coordinate Program colleagues, ensuring high quality of work, alignment with Foundation values, access to development opportunities and a supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Provide leadership to the country as a member of the Country leadership team.
- Work closely with the Country Head and keep him/her continually informed on implementation progress.
- Liaise effectively with other members of the integrated country team.
Who You Are
- Master’s/MBA in public sector work including education, public policy or another related field is an asset.
- At least 10 years relevant experience in program management in varied portfolio; Agriculture, education, SME and related programs.
- Minimum (7) years of experience at a senior level in a global organization with strong leadership experience.
- Senior leadership experience, at least 7 years, building and managing high performing teams.
- Experience and exposure to relevant country program portfolio with clear understanding of the country’s development, political and social issues.
- Experience applying design thinking approaches to programming and innovation.
- Demonstrated financial management experience including preparation and management of budgets and contracts.
- Ability to lead in at least one area of specialization relevant to the country strategy.
- Ability to think and work in an integrated and holistic way, keeping the YAW strategy at the center.
- Innovative and creative ways to approaching opportunities and challenges.
- Ability to apply execution techniques including agile methodologies. Strong Project management skills that ensure the delivery of work.
- Ability to effectively engage and manage relationships with senior external stakeholders, particularly implementing partners.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Local language are skills are an asset.
- Strategic thinker with perspective to apply analytical evaluations accurately to both simple and complex thinking to various projects.
- Strong networking and collaborator.
- Service orientation towards the country and its young people and for colleagues across the foundation.
- Ability to have nuanced conversations and facilitate disparate views towards shared outcomes in ambiguous situations.
- Open to learning and iterating to improve/elevate impact.
- Outstanding social and intercultural skills and proven ability to multitask and work to deadlines, sometimes under pressure.
- Commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is November 24, 2021.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24 Nov. 2021