Country Finance Lead at Mastercard Foundation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATIONWe are currently in an exciting period at the Mastercard Foundation as we intensify the implementation of the Young Africa Works strategy, aiming to empower 30 million young people throughout Africa to access dignified and fulfilling employment.To ensure the Foundation’s accessibility to our partners and program participants, we have established offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda. These offices provide strong in-country support for the implementation of Young Africa Works. We collaborate with governments, the private sector, educators, and other funders to enhance the quality of education and vocational training, equip young individuals with the necessary skills for the workforce, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and facilitate connections between job seekers and meaningful employment opportunities.Our values serve as our guiding principles, transcending and surpassing all other considerations. We wholeheartedly encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work.If you are an experienced Finance professional looking to increase your impact, read on!THE OPPORTUNITY Reporting to the Head of Finance & Accounting, the Country Finance Lead role will support the Programs teams and partners to oversee all financial aspects of program partnerships including due-diligence, budgeting, controls, contracting, financial reporting and analysis. Seeking an experienced Finance Lead with experience managing large portfolio. The role will also act as the primary Finance contact for Program teams in-country.WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Manage the full cycle of Finance program partner contracts, i.e., Expression of Interest (EOI), proposal, contract approval, conduct due diligence, budget reviews, program execution and monitoring, and program completion.
- Guide and train external program partners on all financial aspects of contract execution, including budgeting and reporting, due diligence, financial controls, and Canadian regulatory requirements.
- Provide financial expertise and advice internally to the Foundation’s Programs team on the development and implementation of comprehensive programming strategies.
- Provide ad-hoc data and support for learning and evaluation activities, including analysis of program outputs and value-for-money.
- Maintain accurate and timely financial documentation and data, and report on contract commitments, disbursements, and cash flow projections.
- Ensure the managements grants systems is updated in a timely & Accurate manner with the correct financial information for each program.
- Ongoing monitoring program financial performance post kick off (Deliver phase) to ensure foundation resources are deployed as envisaged and there are sufficient funding & financials controls in place to support the delivery expected program outcomes.
- Ensure there are adequate business controls with the programs to ensure the safeguarding of the foundation’s assets.
- Accountable for compliance with local and international financial regulations and requirements, e.g., Canada Revenue Agency standards, anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism laws, etc.
- Provide periodic reporting on partner finance matters as determined by the partner contracts and ensure follow-up actions’ items are closed as required.
- Troubleshooting and management of financial issues that arise during program implementation.
- Lead comprehensive program assessment processes ensuring quality control of the plans (Accountable for the quality of the Due diligence assessment).
- Lead the assessment of the organization capacity assessments especially as relate to the financials capacity of potential partners.
- Drive annual due diligence review process and update yearly workplans with Programs teams and partners.
- Perform due diligence procedures on partners (i.e., evaluating financial statements, tax returns, financial capacity, watchlist screening).
- Assess alignment with charity law (i.e., private benefit and charitable purpose rules) in coordination with the Legal & Compliance teams.
- Ensure programs comply with Canadian regulatory requirements (e.g., charitable purposes and private benefit), and international financial regulations (e.g., anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism laws), escalating to Legal and Compliance team as required.
- Provide Financial Information & insights as pertains to program finance to support decision making.
- Provide input into the Foundation financial planning & budgeting routines within the required timelines and guidance as provided by the financial planning & Analysis team.
- From time to time manage analysts and interns who support them in delivery of the program finance tasks; assign work and review outputs of the resources.
- Any other tasks/Projects as maybe required from time to time.
- Identify opportunities to improve and standardize processes within Finance.
Who You Are
- A Bachelor’s degree and a recognized accounting qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA, ICA, CMA, or any other CA qualification is required.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in financial roles within large and/or global organizations. Experience in a not-for-profit organization is a plus but not mandatory.
- Financials Reporting & Analysis experience including Budgeting, Financial Forecasting.
- Able to generate Routine Accounting Records and Financial Reports plus determine and apply correct accounting treatments.
- Working knowledge of Financial Internal Controls Management.
- Strong Analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Project Management Competence.
- Problem solving skills and good influencing skills.
- Able to Identify & Mitigate Operational, Financial and Business Risks.
- Results driven and self-disciplined, with a strong sense of team and common purpose to achieve ambitious goals.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Able to formulate and develop a new or creative approach to a problem.
- Fluent in English, French is an added advantage.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 13th July, 2023