Country Director at Center for Achievement
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Center for Achievement
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ho
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Center for Achievement is an education focused NGO based in Ho, Ghana that strives to create young socially responsible citizens and leaders within the community. Through our programs, we seek to improve and create more opportunities for young people in the Volta region whilst assisting in community development projects. Our job is to empower youth so they are equipped to intelligently face life’s challenges.
Job Description for COUNTRY DIRECTOR
Reports to: Executive Director and Board of Directors
Manages: People including all staff, volunteers, Path students and members of the organization. Programs and Activities in which the organization engages.
• The Country Director is responsible for all Center for Achievement (CFA) Strategic development and management, Fundraising and Programs. CFA programs and projects include leadership development through the Path to Success program including internships, sponsorship, scholarships, educational and community outreach programs.
• Responsible for planning, organization, and direction of the organization’s operations and programs.
• Develops and implements consistent inventory and cost accounting policies, procedures, and operational reporting/metrics.
• Oversees and reports on the organization’s results to the board of directors.
• Supervises the development of operations-based financial modeling.
• Coordinates and leads annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic planning and forecast updates for effective program implementation.
• Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
• Maintain and support in building a strong Board of Directors; build board involvement with strategic direction of ongoing programs
• Lead, coach, develop, and retain CFA high-performance performance.
• Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
• Develop appropriate community partnerships and collaborations, and provide feedback to the Board related to the operationalization of those partnerships and collaborations.
• Manage and develop CFA Path Program and Mentorship Program with Youth and Community Development Manager to build on leadership, personal and professional skills for PATH students
• Provides leadership to and manage the efforts of program teams to ensure appropriate support of all departments.
• Retains a diverse, highly qualified staffs and volunteers by providing career coaching, growth, and personal development for workers.
• Manage a motivated and passionate team that embody CFA Core Values
• Ensure effective staff management by adopting efficient performance management models to maximize output.
Fundraising & Communications:
• Expand local income generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion.
• Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
• Prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results, variances, and performance trends.
• Ensures that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
• Design the national fund raising strategy to intensify in-country fundraising.
• Build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders for the growth of the organization.
• Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
• Intensify local and international presence and communicate program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local programs to up the organization in a better position for resource mobilization.
• Seek and apply for new grant and funding opportunities
Qualification Required & Experience
• Preferred applicant must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Development Management, Project Management, MBA or other relating fields with 7 or more years’ experience in senior management of non-profit organization.
• Successful resource development, fundraising and philanthropy experience High level communication skills, including experience of communicating effectively across cultures and with diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing
• A solid knowledge of accounting, budgeting, financial management and fundraising.
• Extensive experience in leading the process of ongoing strategic planning.
• Extensive experience in public speaking/public relations.
• Ability to appreciate gender, cultural and ethnic diversity
• Sensitive to context, local dynamics that drive conflict and division, and power imbalances
Personal Qualities / Skills
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Takes initiative
• Works independently
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Good team player
Engagement type: One-year contract with possible renewal base on performance
Location: Ho – Volta Region
How to Apply For the Job
The application should be submitted to:
Closing Date: 12 August, 2022