Cost Control Officer at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Cost Control Officer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The primary purpose of the position is to support the Senior Cost Controller in respect to project cost engineering/ management function, specifically assisting in updating the Obuasi Redevelopment Project (ORP) Phase 3 Detailed Time-Phased Cost Model. The Cost Control Officer will be responsible for tracking, analyzing, and controlling costs on projects and representing the department on all matters about the overall control of project costs, procurement, and progress in the realization of project objectives.
- Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
- Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
- Act on all corrective actions assigned to you or under your jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
- Demonstrate strong Safety and Environmental leadership and assist in promoting the culture across the site regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development.
- Understand all contract documents, agreements, procedures, instructions, and other requirements relevant to project costing and financial management considerations
- Assist in establishing, maintaining, and managing project budgets, actual and committed costs, invoicing, forecasts and cost estimates, cash flow, FOREX management, and the SOX process
- Generate and report regular project financial data such as spend profiles, budgeted, and earned values, forecasts, completion costs, etc. Provide expenditure forecasts identifying variances against budget
- Analyze all Project cost data to proactively identify potential issues and where required develop and propose alternative solutions to bring the Project back within budget
- Monitor project activities and progress against the plan to identify change events that may impact costs including KPIs, progress, variances, and corrective actions concerning budgets, commitments, accruals, actual expenditure, invoices paid, forecast, and explanation of variances
- Review and recommend approval for payment for contractor progress claims and invoicing relative to the respective contract.
- Assist in developing and implementing processes for monitoring and reporting potential disputes related to contract costing between Contractors and AGAG
- Conduct reviews, observations, and other monitoring techniques to monitor, track and validate project costs
- Ensure the procurement of both goods and services to ensure compliance with company costing and financial policies and procedures, confirmation that standard documentation facilitates including the procure to pay process and any goods and services align with project budget requirements.
- Support the project weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting providing cost flow forecast, cash flow forecast, and cost value reporting.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in actuarial science or economics or construction management.
- A PMP certification or certificate in Project Management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in relevant Cost Control within multi-disciplined project environments.
- Contracts and subcontract pre and post-award management experience.
- Project Controls – WBS (scope control), Earned Value Management, cost reporting analysis, SAP PS system, establishing a cost baseline
- Risk management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent analytical ability
- Collaborative and inclusive work style
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 2nd September, 2022