Coordinator, Client Services, IJM at International Justice Mission
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: International Justice Mission
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our team of over 1,200 professionals are at work worldwide in over 30 offices. Together we are on a mission to rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
We are a global community that cares for one another. We believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We provide professional excellence with joy and celebration to all those we serve.
IJM Ghana partners with Ghanaian government agencies to tackle human trafficking by rescuing victims, ensuring perpetrator accountability, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and supporting public justice actors to strengthen systems that protect the vulnerable.
For 25 years, IJM has pioneered the work to protect vulnerable people from violence. As we grow to expand our impact to protect 500 million people from violence by 2030, we are seeking seeking a talented social worker to serve within the Aftercare team, to facilitate psycho-social services for survivors of trafficking and their primary caregivers. This position is based in Accra, with frequent travel to other regions in Ghana.
This position is based in Accra, Ghana and reports to Manager, Aftercare.
- Work with government partners to provide immediate crisis care, advocacy and assessments for victims coming out of trafficking situations and ensure all victims receive legally mandated government protections;
- Facilitate comprehensive assessments, treatment planning and service implementation towards the safe reunification and restoration of the survivor, in line with best practice standards;
- Engage, prepare and support victims and witnesses throughout judicial proceedings in partnership with multidisciplinary teams of advocates and care providers;
- Provide mentoring and support to social welfare officers and other stakeholders to empower survivors of trafficking to restoration by conducting holistic assessments, developing individualized care plans, coordinating psychosocial services for survivors, monitoring and reporting survivor progress towards defined psychosocial goals and assessing sustainable safety at the time of case closure;
- Build effective, trusting partnership relationships with justice system officials, social welfare officers, and other stakeholders on a regional and national level;
- Develop a network of collaborative partnerships within key program areas that are equipped to serve the holistic needs of IJM aftercare participants, including service providers in the areas of health, education, income generation, protective services, mental health, basic needs (i.e. food, housing) and other relevant needs;
- Develop and deliver high-quality, professional training curriculum to multi-disciplinary stakeholders on best practices in trauma informed case management and service provision;
- Support joint training programs with police, judiciary, and social welfare on survivor-friendly and trauma-informed interventions, for survivors of trafficking;
- Provide mentoring and support to social welfare officers and justice officials to ensure that survivors of trafficking are provided trauma-informed protection and support towards restoration;
- Thoroughly document and monitor service provision and progress of survivors within IJM’s internal electronic database, and other reports as required;
- Effectively record and analyze cases of trafficking to contribute to effective Justice System reform processes and capacity building efforts;
- Carry out additional assignments as required by the Director of Justice Projects; and
- Participate in IJM’s community of spiritual formation.
- Master’s Degree in psychology, or social work preferred;
- Minimum of two years relevant experience in provision of case management services, implementing psychosocial assessments and interventions;
- Significant experience in working with vulnerable groups or survivors of trauma and providing psychosocial services;
- Ability to provide service interventions in a trauma-informed manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, partners and client groups receiving services;
- Experience in building collaborative partnerships with other social service providers;
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English; and
- Fluency in Dangme, Ewe and Twi preferred.
- Eager commitment to IJM’s Core Values: Christian, Professional and Bridge-Building;
- Strong result-orientation;
- Passionate commitment to IJM’s mission and values;
- Demonstrate knowledge and a strong commitment to child protection and other the protection of other vulnerable groups;
- Attention to detail, organized and disciplined with priorities;
- Professional in demeanor, appearance, writing and oral communication;
- Works well under stress with a sustained positive attitude;
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity;
- Intelligent, creative and proactive problem solver; and
- Strong value of teamwork and collaboration, particularly within a multidisciplinary framework.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th Jan, 2024