Contracts Advisor (Ops) at Tullow Oil
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tullow Oil
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised, and African focussed independent oil and gas company. The Group has interests in over 30 exploration and production licences across 8 countries in Africa and South America. Tullow Oil has an exciting opportunity for a Contract Advisor to join the Operational Procurement Team.
Support the Business Unit in meeting its objectives through relevant C&P (Contracts & Procurement) activity, including:
- Strategy: Development of contracting strategies, including their approvals, and implementation.
- Sourcing: Composition, issuance, and management of Request for Information/Proposals/Quotations, bid evaluation and negotiation of terms and conditions and pricing, preparation of the recommendation to award documents (internal and external), and award of the final contract.
- Management: Post-award contract management, administration, and reporting, including contractor performance management and for some areas strategic relationship management.
This role is based in Accra, Ghana
The following are the key roles and responsibilities of the successful candidate
Demand Planning/ Concept/Strategy Development
- Review annual business plan to understand forward demand and document key findings, priorities, and assumptions from anticipated spend and contracts portfolio.
- Analyze the O&M / L&M business landscape, spend by sub-category and suppliers to feed into category strategy and identify value optimization opportunities.
- Develop contract strategies and sourcing plans for O&M / L&M contracts with due consideration for EHS, technical, local content, pricing, and commercial aspects.
- Develop and execute complex RWE tenders, this includes tender requests, tender Develop and execute O&M / L&M tenders, this includes tender requests, tender evaluation, negotiations and supplier due diligence, contract drafting and award of contracts.
- Incorporate Local Content requirements during sourcing events and ensure that the contracts meet the expected Local Content requirements.
- Secure O&M / L&M contracts (drafting and development) and ensure proper storage of contracts and associated documentation in-line with company requirements.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Drive O&M / L&M contracts management with end users to ensure that suppliers deliver their performance obligations and comply with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Provide oversight and conduct O&M / L&M contracts renewal and closure and communicate the updates with relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with and develop suppliers to create sustainable long-term relationships where applicable.
- Identify opportunities to create synergies across the business to obtain increased value from the overall procurement contract portfolio.
- Support internal and external audits where required.
- Serve as the C&P Subject Matter Expert for O&M / L&M sourcing and contracting.
Capability Development and other areas
- Assist in the development and implementation of capability development initiatives to improve procurement outcomes.
- Actively support rollout of supply chain transformation initiatives (e.g., Contract Lifecycle Management and Supplier Management);
- Uphold and work within the company values and Code of Ethical Conduct Policy.
- Formulating, evaluating, and negotiating complex contracts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with diverse business drivers and variables.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and often competing priorities.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and articulate and present solutions.
- Advanced English language and numeracy skills.
- High level of competency in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven experience in energy or extractive/heavy industry (ideally with exposure to O&M / L&M) sourcing, contracting, negotiation, and contract management.
- Good understanding of complex supply chains operating across international boundaries with multiple source points for supply of equipment, materials, personnel, and services.
- Good understanding of significant legal and commercial issues within supply chain.
- Proven experience of negotiating contracts (simple and complex)
- Working within a joint venture and/or production sharing environments typically found in the oil and gas industry.
- Awareness of oil and gas field development and production operations activities.
- Degree qualification relevant to job description.
- Preference for additional SCM related qualification, e.g. CIPS, MBA
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th May, 2023