Construction Supervisor – Electrical at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Construction Supervisor – Electrical.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Construction Supervisor – Electrical will be responsible for the field supervision of Electrical construction crews (LV and MV) works at the Obuasi KMS surface, shaft, and underground areas. The supervisor will be accountable for maintaining progress as per Project schedule and for overseeing the teams to work in a safe and responsible manner, according to the mine safety procedures and protocols.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulations.
- Accept personal responsibility for health and safety and that of every mine worker by his/her work. Also having a duty of care for themselves and others in a working environment.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment where risks are assessed and managed on a daily base.
- Responsible and accountable for their team’s environmental obligations and performances by conducting informal meetings with team and reporting any weaknesses in the environmental procedures.
- Enforce all environmental work procedures that have been issued by the Departmental Manager.
- Investigate all environmental incidents in their assigned work areas. Immediately after an incident, complete an incident report form and submit to the Departmental Manager for onward submission to the Environmental Manager or his representative. A preliminary investigation report and any recommendations for preventing a recurrence should be included on the incident report form.
- Attend all scheduled and assigned environmental training meetings.
- Act on all employee environmental complaints and suggestions.
- Adhere to the site’s environmental management plan.
- Manage the electrical construction teams on a daily base, maximizing the productivity and ensuring the team compliance to the safety regulations.
- Manage the installation of cables, terminations and supporting structures to various Motor control centers and MV Panels.
- Manage the installation of Electrical panels according to OEM specifications and standards Planning and quality control of installations.
- Provide technical input regarding installation techniques and any unforeseen technical queries that may arise
- Keep a daily progress diary and update project schedule accordingly
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Engineering Degree in Electrical or Minimum of technical diploma N4 Electrical
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in electrical construction.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Underground Environment electrical construction.
- Experience in assembly and wiring of Motor control centers.
- Experience in assembly and wiring of 11kv switchgear.
- Experience with MV terminations and joints, minimum of 50 terminations and 20 joints.
- Must be competent to read and interpret schematics, SLD and PLC termination schedules.
- Must have experience in leading and managing multiple teams.
- Experience to do Quality control and the importance of proper documentation.
- Experience with testing and certifying MV cables and installations.
- Experience with cold commissioning and the managing of process control changes.
- Experience with Fault finding and problem solving with control circuits
- Must possess relevant certificate of competency from Minerals Commission of Ghana
- Strong construction work competencies in an underground environment a must.
- Sound project management skills.
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Strong planning and management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation thereof
- Must have previous personal experience with terminating MV as well as LV Cables
- Must have a good understanding of the use of cable block diagrams, schematics and loop drawings
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates.
- Consistent with the company values.
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction cycle through its life cycle.
- Able to work with different kinds of people
- Organized skills to keep track of many workers, schedules and work fronts all at once
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th Feb. 2022